Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #2,251 of 3,931
I got my custom Triple.fi's plus mid driver today.  I am stoked!  They are incredible!  I never really could relate when people would say "these headphones make me hear things I didn't even know was in the music!" but now I get it.  I have heard things that I never knew were there.  They fit perfectly!  My ears aren't sore at all after having them in for an hour now.  They are flawless looking, easy to get in and out, and sound way better than they did before the extra driver and custom fit.  I highly recommend getting triplefi's remolded through UM.

I sent my impressions to them November 19 and received them today- December 23.  The delay had a lot to do with me sending them standard mail.  UM asked me to declare the value at $30.  That could be why they breezed through customs.

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #2,253 of 3,931
I can't wait to get reshelled and upgraded se425's! Somehow there's been a delay with fedex, i was supposed to get them yesterday, but still didn't get them today and on the tracking page it just says: "In Transit, Vantaa FI, Package available for clearance". I wonder what they mean by that and what is going on. Hope I'll get them on monday...

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #2,256 of 3,931

Quote:
And btw that blue looks really nice! :) Mine are clear with the trans. blue faceplate and silver UM logo :)

i cant wait to see this one.... i might eventually get another set redone would like to do a set of triple fi like most of the people here but im not a good person at waiting lol

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #2,258 of 3,931
(Sigh) Okay. I am officially on my journey to reshell my TF10s. Just picked out my colors and got my impressions done. Now I have a problem. Or it might be my anxiety acting up. I took my impressions and my left impression has some of it missing. I think this is due to the air bubble left when talking the impression. Should I get the audiologist to redo the impression?

Edit: Okay I talked to Stephen about it (The individual who I think runs www.custom-iem.com). He was very sincere and a great guy. He said that Unique Melody is able to fix such an imperfection (this was after he contacted them to verify). So that is good. Really excited now!

Update 1/12/11: Just checked up on my shipment and it was mailed out on January 3rd 2011, cleared Chinese Customs on January 9th 2011 and arrived at its destination through USPS Express Mail International guaranteed delivery on January 10th 2011. Hopefully I get confirmed delivery through Stephen soon. Yet to get word from him or UM.

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #2,262 of 3,931

Quote:
do the reshelling compagny send back the impressions, for future reshells i mean ? or is it lost during the process ?

Ear impressions shrink after a month anyway. I am not sure if it is lost in the process though, I doubt it.

If you want to make another custom without another ear impression, you can always ask the company to make it from your previous customs... if you don't mind having them depart away from you for a little while.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #2,263 of 3,931

Quote:
Quote:
do the reshelling compagny send back the impressions, for future reshells i mean ? or is it lost during the process ?

Ear impressions shrink after a month anyway. I am not sure if it is lost in the process though, I doubt it.

If you want to make another custom without another ear impression, you can always ask the company to make it from your previous customs... if you don't mind having them depart away from you for a little while.

They SHRINK after one month !! What , my ear impressions reached UM after 2 months of travel !! WHat should i do !! ??

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #2,264 of 3,931

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

They SHRINK after one month !! What , my ear impressions reached UM after 2 months of travel !! WHat should i do !! ??

Hope for the best and that the material your audiologist used will hold its shape better... I could be wrong that the impressions shrinking after a month. rawrster made a mention that his two previous impressions are still holding their shapes relatively well.

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #2,265 of 3,931
My TF18 (TF10 6 driver upgrade)  actually showed up just before Christmas, but due to me not beng home I didnt pick them up till after the holliday.

The fit is awesome (whew!) the sound is a whole new animal, going to take some getting used to, what i can say is that the immaging and separation is at a level that i have not yet heard, as is the Bass, not sure i like it (the bass) yet or not, but it is extreemly presant, textured, and THERE. not sure how to describe it, but it is quite striking, I can actually hear the floor drum hit, then hear its echo off the recording room walls, something i have never heard before. The mids are the same way, I am hearing little details and neuances that i have not heard before.

So, I am a happy camper, but as good as these are, I will have to get used to them a bit, my current (former?) favorite IEM was a set of UM3X's, these are a very natural IEM, yea, they are vanilla, but VERY good vanilla, they seemed to do everything well and balanced. These remolds by comparison (just on SQ) are extrem bubble gum with pop rocks added and hot fudge on top, this is a horrible way of saying they sound very colored to these ears. Not that it is bad, but like i said, will take some getting used to. the dynamic range of these is by far the best i have ever heard.

Only real "complaint" i have is that the cover (where the artwork would be had i ordered it) is a shade or two darker than the rest of the mold, thus making it impossible t see the cool stuff inside, i as hoping that the drivers and wires etc would be plainly visible from the outside, but oh well.......... if tht is all i have to gripe abut i nned a reality check. they look great, and sound like nothing else i have ever heard, so I am more that happy. Thanks UM.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back