Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #2,147 of 3,931

Quote:
If I get earphones remolded without buying artwork, will my earphones have nothing written on it? or will it say UM? (if it does say um, can i choose the color of the writing?)

Hey buddy. all UM monitors by default do not include artwork which is a slight additional cost.  Artwork is open to your own design and color choice (within reason of course).  My advise though is that for an IEM, the simpler, the better!

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #2,150 of 3,931
I'm thinking of getting my CK90Pro's with the now broken cable remoulded by UM through the dealer in Australia... and I'm wondering if I should get any drivers added. I would love to get a low-end driver to fill in the 20-100hz region and just give the 90Pros better timbre. I'd love to increase their treble extension as well, but I'm not sure if that will be possible without increasing harshness, or if treble extension will improve simply by being made into a custom.

Any ideas?

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #2,151 of 3,931
oh when UM sends to you its quick... it took only 2 days to get from china to australia
but mine had a fault with the left ear... so i had to resend back to UM.. that took 4 days... then in customs for neally 2 months....
they have just got them yesterday so im hoping it wont take them too long to fix and send back to me... im not sure of the process of whats going to happen as its only the left side that has no bass 

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #2,152 of 3,931
Yay the finally got mine, now just another month of waiting.
redface.gif

Anyone know where I can pick up a Westone cable in Canada?

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #2,154 of 3,931
I was able to get mine through customs in about 6 days. I think the issue is that Chinese customs gets very antsy when something so small gets labeled as being worth several hundred dollars. That and the fact that there are taxes (which is stupid considering they are a communist country). I dunno, a lot of people here have been saying that it has taken them a really long time to get the remolds done. Mine took less than a month :-/. That being said I didn't have anything special done like extra drivers or anything.

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #2,155 of 3,931
Here is a nice pic

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #2,156 of 3,931
Without reading 144 pages.....i got in on the ultimate ears 10 deal on amazon..ordered 2 pairs.  Would there be any reason/advantage to send both pairs in and use all the drives in 1 pair of headphones?  Basically giving 4 low 2 mid 2 high in each ear...for i assume $159 reshell.  Anyone done this or have any input?  thanks

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #2,157 of 3,931

Quote:
Without reading 144 pages.....i got in on the ultimate ears 10 deal on amazon..ordered 2 pairs.  Would there be any reason/advantage to send both pairs in and use all the drives in 1 pair of headphones?  Basically giving 4 low 2 mid 2 high in each ear...for i assume $159 reshell.  Anyone done this or have any input?  thanks

Though it was impossible to do so.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #2,159 of 3,931

Quote:

No, TF10's don't have mid drivers. You'd be left with 4 low 0 mid 2 high.
I got in on that deal too.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back