Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #1,936 of 3,931
I didn't go for the artwork in the end mate - just a plain set - one red, one blue.
smily_headphones1.gif

My nephew's TF10s had me convinced - the quality on them was incredible - flawless

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #1,937 of 3,931
edited* I found more info on weight loss and custom iem fit and think I will be fine to go ahead and get them now.  I have custom musicians plugs from westone on the way from the audiologist and am hoping Westone will send my impressions back like I asked them so I can send them off for the remold of my SF5ebs. I am going to add the third driver. 
I am leaning towards the Westone ES cable bcz it it recommended by a lot of you and it isn't too expensive.  Anyone recommend anything different for the EBs?
I will let you know my thoughts on them when they come back!

Thanks for the advice!

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #1,938 of 3,931
6 weeks they took to turn it round last time with the TF10s, including an order change. I'm now 3 days into my wait and I'm already yearning for them.

Here's a question - with the JH13s, should I have specified anything regarding the sound bores?

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #1,939 of 3,931
Have anyone experienced any channel unbalancing?

Also anyone knows about that graph? Can we send again and remold them for free? (I received mine at Sept 4)

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #1,941 of 3,931
So reading back through the thread, it's a little disconcerting to read Revenge's opinion on the remoulded JH13s. Anyone know if you can ask them to tune the monitors for a little extra?

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #1,942 of 3,931

Quote:
So reading back through the thread, it's a little disconcerting to read Revenge's opinion on the remoulded JH13s. Anyone know if you can ask them to tune the monitors for a little extra?

I vaguely remember someone asked them to tune the mages with a little more bass and they turned out terribly.

Sep 28, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #1,943 of 3,931
hi...
please help.
i want my ue700 remolded and adding more drivers... making it a total of 6drivers.

3way crossover, dual mid, dual high and dual low.

do you know guys if it would be a good sounding iem?

i have no idea...

i hope you can give some advice, please...

-mbc

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #1,945 of 3,931
has anybody gone the route of the Westone 3 to 8 Drivers? I was thinking about it but wondered if anybody has gone down that path and what the results were.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #1,948 of 3,931
Amazing eh? I'm now worrying about my colour choices etc... but I know the quality will be superb. I'm also hoping I get lucky and don't have Revenge's experience above, but I do have the reference of knowing how they should sound - oddly, despite your ear cavities being smaller than mine (I have big lugs), the canals are similar, so I could get a seal with some jiggery pokery.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #1,949 of 3,931
@royhendo I am definately interested in whether your JH13 wind up sounding like they did originally please be sure to share your impressions with us once you get them back.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #1,950 of 3,931

Quote:
Amazing eh? I'm now worrying about my colour choices etc... but I know the quality will be superb. I'm also hoping I get lucky and don't have Revenge's experience above, but I do have the reference of knowing how they should sound - oddly, despite your ear cavities being smaller than mine (I have big lugs), the canals are similar, so I could get a seal with some jiggery pokery.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, you tried them out? they're great aren't they. I clean my lug holes every day, normally before I insert my monitors as it helps to get an acoustic seal easier and I clean my monitors after use also so you wouldn't have to worry about anything nasty.... Anyways I hope you get a good result, the finish will be exellent for sure and those guys are professionals so I doubt you'll get something back that dissapoints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back