Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #1,929 of 3,931
Anyone sent their Q-Jays in before?
The cable on Q-Jays are a bit wonky, might as well get a reshell in the mean time.
Looking for some impressions on them!

A side question: I have a spare Super.fi5 (not pro), is it alright to ask them to combine them together?
Or would getting and additional UM driver with the Q-Jays be a better idea?

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #1,930 of 3,931
just got mine today and i have to admit its a perfect fit
i think i will be selling my ie8s
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #1,932 of 3,931
Just sent my payment to Sam. Off to get my moulds done presently, then to fire off the package to him.

It's exciting this - I'll get stressed, worry about the delays, and so on and so on... and hten they'll turn up and I'll be a happy chappy.

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #1,933 of 3,931

Quote:
Anyone got the UM artwork done yet? I'm thinking about it...

I just got my JH13s remolded with artwork.  I think they did a good job.  They have the laser etching machine now when I asked.

Remolded JH13s

DSC_1351.jpg

Remolded 13s compared to my JH5s done by JH audio

DSC_1357.jpg

So far, the fit is perfect on the first try.  They feel more solid and sturdy thank my JH5s.  UM remold seems to be more comfortable too, slides like butter and stays in perfectly.  No matter how much I move my mouth, I'm not losing seal.  The right side seems to be looser than the left side but it still seals perfectly so I'm not worried.  The stems of the JH13s done by UM is a little shorter than JH audio's and it's nice because I can lie in bed with my ear on the pillow and still not feel uncomfortable where as my JH5s poke a little painfully into my ear if I lay on it.

Edit:  A few more pics of the artwork since someone asked about it.

DSC_1365.jpg

DSC_1361.jpg

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #1,934 of 3,931
They look wonderful ! I love the colour also.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the artwork, I did'nt order any on mine coz I didn't think they'd do a good job but that looks really good.....

Roy, did you opt for artwork? Bet this is a teaser for you knowing yours are going over to UM for the same job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back