Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #1,891 of 3,931
Hi SpudHarris ,

I like my Westone 3 a lot, but I fell some times a mid-bass reverb, and depending on which tip I use, I get some sibilance...  This happens more when I use my Iphone 3GS, but the Westone 3 sounds more controlled when combined with a Cowon S9. I'd like to know if you are getting some sibilance with your new W6? And what player are you using?

Thank You
   Rodrigo

Quote:
I'm sure they will be. I'm thinking of getting the JH13's redone also. The UM W6's are everything I had hoped the JH13's were going to be but to be truthful I was a little underwhelmed by the finish of the JH13's.

UM's quality is outstanding!

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #1,893 of 3,931
Mine is coming today! I will add pictures if I can go home early... First custom Ortofon E-Q7s in the world
rolleyes.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #1,895 of 3,931
Unfortunately I cant because they dont offer any driver upgrades for Ortofon...

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #1,896 of 3,931

Quote:
Hi SpudHarris ,

I like my Westone 3 a lot, but I fell some times a mid-bass reverb, and depending on which tip I use, I get some sibilance...  This happens more when I use my Iphone 3GS, but the Westone 3 sounds more controlled when combined with a Cowon S9. I'd like to know if you are getting some sibilance with your new W6? And what player are you using?

Thank You
   Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

I have absolutely no issues with the W6 in any way shape or form. They are perfect not only in terms of finish but in terms of SQ. Perfectly balanced, no siblance or reverb unless it's in the recording. On that note I can tell you if it's on the recording it will be revealed because these phones give every nuance back. Sorry if it sounds as if I'm gushing but there really is nothing negative to say about them. I loved my JH13's also but in terms of finish I've always been dissapointed.

Nigel

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #1,897 of 3,931
I got my Ortofon e-Q7 customs and listening them now..

I found them a bit lacking treble and maybe a bit more bass. Maybe intrument seperation is a bit worse but I am not sure about these things because I didnt listened them for about 40 days, and all these time I listened Stax so my ear get used to that.. Really, I dont know the exact thing about sound, we will see.

But if I get a silver cable, I think it will be perfect. (Using with Westone ES cable now)

As always, build quality is top notch. No scratches, no bubbles, nothing...

So, Ortofon e-Q7's can be done at UM's too. Thanks to them!

Edit: Does anyone know what is the EQ graph came within the package?

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #1,898 of 3,931
That's great news.......

Maybe you just need a little time together especially coming from Stax. It's a bit like love, sometimes you fall straight away other times it takes a while. I was like that with my DT880/600 I really wanted to love them but it took me ages, I even put them up for sale at one point but couldn't bring myself to get rid. Now I can't live without them.

Here's hoping they work out for you!

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #1,899 of 3,931
I think what I feel about sound is true because of tiny nozzle. Ortofon Eq7s has a large nozzle, but customs are not as large as the originals. But I really hope silver cable will solve the problem, then they will be perfect.

I took the photos but unfotunately I cant find my memory card convertor and transfer it to my computer...

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #1,900 of 3,931
Ok...W6 vs TF18?!?
Here is my story...I had some TF10s remolded by Fisher and the quality was OK.  However, I am a singer/guitarist and I mainly use these things for monitoring purposes.  The TF10 just doesn't cut it with it's lack of mids.  My voice doesn't cut through the mix.  So now I'm thinking about upgrading the TF10s to the TF18.   But there's all this talk about the W6.  What to do.

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #1,901 of 3,931
From what i have read here, UM provides a good variety of options for remolding, including using 2 IEM's etc. However, does Null Audio support the same thing? From what i see from their site, the options are pretty limited. It would be more convenient for me to go through Null Audio since i live in singapore... 

Anyone remolded TF10s and added until 8 drivers? Comments on the SQ?

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #1,902 of 3,931
there really are very few comments about the TF18s. Hope somebody can chime in and give his impressions and do some comparisons. Is the miracle better than the TF18 or W6?

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #1,903 of 3,931
Sep 8, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #1,904 of 3,931

Quote:
Ok...W6 vs TF18?!?
Here is my story...I had some TF10s remolded by Fisher and the quality was OK.  However, I am a singer/guitarist and I mainly use these things for monitoring purposes.  The TF10 just doesn't cut it with it's lack of mids.  My voice doesn't cut through the mix.  So now I'm thinking about upgrading the TF10s to the TF18.   But there's all this talk about the W6.  What to do.

I don't think the TF18s are going to solve your problem. I would lean towards the W6, though I admittedly have not heard them. What cable are you using on your TF10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back