Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #1,853 of 3,931
Hi, just emailed UM to ask for a quote on remolding and additional driver, but the reply i got was to go through Stereo  ( as i am residing in Singapore) to get it done.

To those who have did their remold through Stereo, It is faster and cheaper to go through UM directly? And what are the price comparison like? (You can pm me this)

TIA :)

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #1,854 of 3,931

It is looking like they are moving towards using distributors instead of dealing directly with customers.  They appear to now have an exclusive distributor for the US, so it stands to reason they are moving in that direction elsewhere as well.

Seems like they are willing to still take care of existing customers directly, but sounds like they are steering new customers to the distributors.

I think there was some discussion of Stereo in this thread, but you might have to search a bit to find the references.  Off the top of my head, I don't recall anyone being unhappy (vs. some grumbling about Null Audio response times).

FWIW, I don't know about Stereo, but the address the US distributor tells you to send your impressions to is the same as given to me by UM.  That is to say, it appears they are having you ship your impressions directly to UM.  That being the case, there is no particular reason that working through a distributor should impose any significant delay.

YMMV.

-john

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #1,858 of 3,931
hey guys, any1 can comment whether is the sound of tf18 a big improvement over tf11?

@tf11 users: did the sound sig change after remolding?

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #1,860 of 3,931
um tf10 re shell (translucent black)

fit wise perfect
minor cosmetic flaws
improvement in sq
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back