Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #1,682 of 3,931
Ditto to Null Audio. I got their Enyo cable about a while ago and though the cable sounds great, it took 6 weeks to arrive. That's an eternity when your stock TF10 cable dies three days after you get it.

Also, I just want to check... does Sam at UM speak English? I couldn't really tell from some of the earlier posts.

May 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #1,685 of 3,931
Hi everyone, long time lurker but have now finally joined up.  I've just picked up some bargain priced UE Triple.Fi 10's that are replacing my Super.Fi 5 pro as my main IEM, but since I stumbled upon this thread I was curious about how well the two would match up when combined into a 6 driver design (referred to informally as Triple.Fi 18?).  Specifically, if MaoDi could comment on the similiarities and differences between the drivers of the UE700 in his Triple.Fi 18 and those found in the Super.Fi 5 pro.  Would I be right to assume that combining the two would be far cheaper than Triple.Fi 18's made from Triple.Fi 10 alone?

Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

May 25, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #1,686 of 3,931
Shouldn't you ask this in the Null Audio thread? Oh, right, silly me. Anyways I had a frustrating experience with Kevin as well, the problem seems to be that he is the whole company and seems to have other priorities
tongue.gif

Quote:
Hi everyone, long time lurker but have now finally joined up.  I've just picked up some bargain priced UE Triple.Fi 10's that are replacing my Super.Fi 5 pro as my main IEM, but since I stumbled upon this thread I was curious about how well the two would match up when combined into a 6 driver design (referred to informally as Triple.Fi 18?).  Specifically, if MaoDi could comment on the similiarities and differences between the drivers of the UE700 in his Triple.Fi 18 and those found in the Super.Fi 5 pro.  Would I be right to assume that combining the two would be far cheaper than Triple.Fi 18's made from Triple.Fi 10 alone?

Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

May 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #1,687 of 3,931
Hi guys, I am on the quest for creating the ultimate 'fun' custom. I love big tight bass which usually come from dynamic headphones (love my LA-2000 and ed9's) but also appreaciate the clarity and separation that Balanced armatures can deliver (love my jh16 pros).

I have been intrigued by the concept of combining the two enabling a 'hybrid' custom.

So I am sending of my UE super.fi 5 eb to UM and sam is creating a triple driver custom. So 1x dynamic driver, 2 x Balanced armatures. Therefore Sam is adding the third armature which is a 'complex mid/treble tranducer'.
I am hoping this will improve this bass monster iem with plenty of clarity, fidelity and soundstage along with the usual improvements of remolds.

Has anyone done the triple driver 5 eb custom yet?? It costs $274usd with shipping. I will keep you all posted and do a comparison with my jh16 if anyones is interested.
cheers

May 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #1,688 of 3,931
I'm still waiting on my remold of my Triple.Fi 10 Pro. They received it pretty fast, 10 business days from Belgium (Europe) to China. Quick response via e-mail as well. Now it's been 2 weeks since I made the payment :)

May 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #1,689 of 3,931
Has anyone had their JH13s remolded by UM? If so, how do they sound?

May 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #1,690 of 3,931
May 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #1,691 of 3,931
JiPod - Thanks for the reference to Revenge on pg 111. I did remember reading this.

Too bad his experience wasn't great.

I picked up a pair of 13s used and will be getting them remolded by a competitor to UM in China.

Even though the 13s are not my molds, I gotta say the sound is amazing. So I can only imagine it will be much better when I get my molds (tomorrow at Suyama) and then
get them remolded.

Anyway, anticipation.

Skoog

May 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #1,692 of 3,931

Quote:
JiPod - Thanks for the reference to Revenge on pg 111. I did remember reading this.

Too bad his experience wasn't great.

I picked up a pair of 13s used and will be getting them remolded by a competitor to UM in China.

Even though the 13s are not my molds, I gotta say the sound is amazing. So I can only imagine it will be much better when I get my molds (tomorrow at Suyama) and then
get them remolded.

Anyway, anticipation.

Skoog

I attended the "Headphone Festival" early May in Nakano, and was fortunate to try the universal versions of both the 13s and 16s w/ HP out of an iPod Touch 3G.  Time spent with the two IEMs wasn't enough, but in comparison to my SE530s "appeared" much warmer and less detailed-could have been the tips (foamies) used, source, or that may have been the SQ of the 13s and 16s.

Noticed on your signature that you have elected to go the Rooth route.  I know they are represented locally, but haven't been able to find any information on the company itself.  Curious.

May 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #1,693 of 3,931
JiPOD - I am going through the local company Hi Fi International for the Rooth customs. As for a site, nothing I have found yet but there are interviews on the LS8 8 driver customs.

I have started a thread on here if you are interested - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/492157/hfi-high-fi-international-appreciation-and-impressions-thread-new-online-company-in-japan/15#post_6656291

Sorry to the UMers I know this is a UM appreciation thread.

skoog

May 27, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #1,694 of 3,931
My SE530 6-driver custom mods arrived today.  In a week's time, review can be found here.

May 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #1,695 of 3,931
Is an amp pretty much a requisite for the TF18's vs TF11/Mage? I've been going back and fourth between the three and really would like something I can easily throw in my back pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back