Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #1,607 of 3,931
anyone got a standard response graph for the TF10?

i've just received pics from UM of my TF11 (or TF10x4 as they like to call it) and the response graph, so would like to compare
regular_smile .gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #1,610 of 3,931
omgosh. tried reading all 108 pages... terrifying!

quick 2 question.

1) how much more for an additional driver
2) how long does it take to come back via stereo?

thank you so much!

Apr 24, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #1,611 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hota /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check 'em out...clear black bodies with silver painted clear faceplates.

I may put some rub-on stencils on the faceplate which should cast a cool-looking shadow on the silver background.

They fit wonderfully with a fantastic seal.

The bad part about them is that the sound is a bit disappointing compared to the original SE530/E500. The isolation and soundstage is awesome but the low end has been significantly cut. The smooth driving bass is no longer there - they still hit the low notes, but the amplitude is just diminished.

My theory is that the ports from the bass drivers now vent into a much larger cavity as compared to the original SE530 shells. Looking at my big custom IEMs, the airspace is probably a good 5x or more than the SE530s.

Oh well...at least I can look cool wearing them.

Okay, after listening to them for a week I think I exaggerated the loss of the low-end. It still hits the low frequencies and is very smooth but the amplitude is only slightly diminished.

The soundstage and separation is truly amazing though. I'm hearing new things that I haven't heard with the universals SE530s.

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #1,612 of 3,931
Can anyone please comment on comparison of the tfp10 and tfp with mid driver freq charts? It seems the bass and treble are boosted and the mid is still recessed.

@obrienk: what would you expect by looking at the freq chart they gave you?

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #1,614 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well that's kinda why i wanted to see a standard graph. i'm not convinced that the additional mid driver has had the desired effect.

maybe they'll sound different when i get them back?

I've had mine back for a few weeks now and I think that the overall Tf-11 sound is much fuller than with the stock Tf-10s, they sound smoother to my ears also. Even if the high/low detail suffers a bit I'm glad I added the mid-driver to mine.

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #1,617 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
grokit> did your graph look like mine?

From my memory, they were similar. But it is misplaced at the moment, so I'll have to get back to you on that when I find it
redface.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #1,618 of 3,931
cheers grokit! sam seemed to think the graph is as expected for a tf11 - i think perhaps i'll just see how they sound and stop over-analysing things
redface.gif

wsoelivan> mine are dual bore. i think all tf10 remoulds are
regular_smile .gif

on a separate note, i had UM change the colour of my artwork as baby blue doesn't really seem suitable for the Galactic Empire
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #1,620 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramw5p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got an email back from um....cost to remold 5eb..$159 with shipping and using original cord. Upgrade to 3rd driver $274. Just incase people were wondering.

Wow! Is there anything that UM can't do? Probably sounds amazing with the 3rd driver in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back