Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #1,547 of 3,931
I just saw this in the UE18 thread: Sensaphonics / Seal Test

Does that test audio track work with my TF18s as well? Cos I just tried it and the 50Hz tone is much much softer than the 500Hz tone. Does that mean I'm not getting a good seal? But i do find the isolation superb so till now I've assumed that i have a good seal with them. And as I've mentioned I don't find them bass heavy at all compared to the original TF10s contrary to impression of the others in this thread. Is there another way to test my seal? Or does that test prove that I have a bad seal?

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #1,548 of 3,931
The test audio track works universally.

It could be that the outer part of the custom is sealing well, leading to the isolation, but the sound tube isn't sealing as well which could lead to the worsened bass response. Or it could just be the frequency response of the TF18. Can't really say. You should ask somebody who owns the TF18 to try the test track out and give you their feedback.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #1,549 of 3,931
Ok I tried it again at a higher volume and the two tones are about the same volume now. I tried it at the lowest volume just now so the 50Hz was barely audible. Stupid me. lol. I was just a bit wary of the volume cos there were a couple of threads recently saying how ppl busted their monitors with test tones.

I'm still not hearing the bass heavy sound signature that others here have described though.

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #1,550 of 3,931
LOL ok well, good for you that your fit turned out to be OK, having to remold would be pretty bad. Everyone has different opinions on what 'bass heavy' is, so don't worry about that. Did you get a frequency chart with your TF18s? If you're really concerned if your sound signature is an anomaly, you should compare it with someone else who also has a TF18... if you want to go to that trouble haha.

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #1,551 of 3,931
Haha thanks. I would hate to have to go through the trouble of sending them in for refit. Yeah well I am using the term "bass heavy" with reference to the TF10s. While others have said that the quantity of bass increase by a fair bit compared to TF10, that is not my experience.

Good idea! Actually I think I shall post pics when I can find the time. The frequency chart looks...interesting

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #1,552 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crossover burn-in, lol...

Sam himself has told me that they burn in, and i swear to god they sound vastly different from day 1 . stop being a skeptic lol.

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #1,553 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sam himself has told me that they burn in, and i swear to god they sound vastly different from day 1 . stop being a skeptic lol.

Don't bother with him. He probably doesn't understand cable burn-in either. lol

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #1,554 of 3,931
well some pics of my custom,

And i do think the cross over needs burn in. I compared my customs to my TF10 initially and found the TF 10 excel in Highs

However after 2-3 hrs of burn in, with out hearing them the highs on my customs improved and now sound better

any wayz review soon
wink.gif
lets pics do the talking for now

Thanks to UM for creating gems for me . really worth the money !

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #1,555 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by qodnec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw this in the UE18 thread: Sensaphonics / Seal Test

Does that test audio track work with my TF18s as well? Cos I just tried it and the 50Hz tone is much much softer than the 500Hz tone. Does that mean I'm not getting a good seal? But i do find the isolation superb so till now I've assumed that i have a good seal with them. And as I've mentioned I don't find them bass heavy at all compared to the original TF10s contrary to impression of the others in this thread. Is there another way to test my seal? Or does that test prove that I have a bad seal?

Wow! Thanks for this. I can now finally enjoy the full potential of my SE530x8 with TWag cable. Because of this test I now know that the polarity of my customs are reversed. I did the test with my SE530x8 with the TWag with the dot facing upwards (as it should be) when wearing them and I could barely hear the low tone. With the Westone cable also with the dot facing upwards I could hear the low tone better. At this time I thought that I was ******* with the TWag because it had at least 250 hours of burnin time and still no
ksc75smile.gif
But then I had the great idea (well more out of desperation actually) to try it with the dot facing down. And boy I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There it was the low tone, it was very present and full. Way better than the original SE530 and or HD600. I tried then 2 songs and it was
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

The weirdest thing is that with the Westone cable and switching polarity there was only a slightly boost in bass it was very difficult to hear the difference. But with the TWag it was night and day, no bass or
beyersmile.png
This is also true for my E4C remold.

So I have been listening and burning in for almost 3 weeks now with the wrong polarity. Can this hurt my customs?

This polarity switch might be a good tip for everybody that has issues with SQ and their customs. I'm interested to know how many people is walking around with switched polarity. For those who want to know the dot is connected to the green wire in my customs.

Now I have to spend some quality time with my SE530x8 and TWag cable.

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #1,556 of 3,931
So, you own the universal TF10s and custom TF10s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik_ashok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well some pics of my custom,

And i do think the cross over needs burn in. I compared my customs to my TF10 initially and found the TF 10 excel in Highs

However after 2-3 hrs of burn in, with out hearing them the highs on my customs improved and now sound better

any wayz review soon
wink.gif
lets pics do the talking for now

Thanks to UM for creating gems for me . really worth the money !

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #1,557 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Thanks for this. I can now finally enjoy the full potential of my SE530x8 with TWag cable. Because of this test I now know that the polarity of my customs are reversed. I did the test with my SE530x8 with the TWag with the dot facing upwards (as it should be) when wearing them and I could barely hear the low tone. With the Westone cable also with the dot facing upwards I could hear the low tone better. At this time I thought that I was ******* with the TWag because it had at least 250 hours of burnin time and still no
ksc75smile.gif
But then I had the great idea (well more out of desperation actually) to try it with the dot facing down. And boy I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There it was the low tone, it was very present and full. Way better than the original SE530 and or HD600. I tried then 2 songs and it was
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

The weirdest thing is that with the Westone cable and switching polarity there was only a slightly boost in bass it was very difficult to hear the difference. But with the TWag it was night and day, no bass or
beyersmile.png
This is also true for my E4C remold.

So I have been listening and burning in for almost 3 weeks now with the wrong polarity. Can this hurt my customs?

This polarity switch might be a good tip for everybody that has issues with SQ and their customs. I'm interested to know how many people is walking around with switched polarity. For those who want to know the dot is connected to the green wire in my customs.

Now I have to spend some quality time with my SE530x8 and TWag cable.

Don't thank me thank nsx_23 who found it and posted it in the other thread!

Ok now I'm a little confused. So with the westone cable the dots are supposed to be facing up right? I actually asked this question a when i first got them cos i received them with the dots facing down. Someone posted pictures so i changed them to dots facing up. And if the dot is facing down the dot is connected to the green wire. It the dot is facing up the dot will be connected the yellow wire. Which way is it supposed to be with the westone cable? I can't really hear a difference either ways with the test tone.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #1,558 of 3,931
Dot is always facing up towards the ceiling when your customs are straight up and down. (say when you're wearing them). Even for hand-made cables from UM and Null Audio, but occasionally, they could have put the dot on the wrong side for those.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #1,559 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dot is always facing up towards the ceiling when your customs are straight up and down. (say when you're wearing them). Even for hand-made cables from UM and Null Audio, but occasionally, they could have put the dot on the wrong side for those.

Thanks for the clarification!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back