Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #1,007 of 3,931
So for SE530 , if i wan to make it become 6 driver , which crossover better ? 3 or 4 way ??

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #1,008 of 3,931
I'm gonna ask if they can make a. 6 driver mage, that way all new and all works done by um, they have to include the same warranty that comes with a mage. Maybe improve on its few short comings. Bass& soundstage anyone?

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #1,009 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna ask if they can make a. 6 driver mage, that way all new and all works done by um, they have to include the same warranty that comes with a mage. Maybe improve on its few short comings. Bass& soundstage anyone?

I personally like the soundstage with the mage. I do wish it would have a bit bigger bass in the lower ranges. Im sure it will be a while before they can R&D a 6 driver mage but id be down for upgrading for sure if they did.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #1,011 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Fu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This some of the artwork my brother is doing for my Shure 8 Drivers IEM - UM Remold.

I hope he plans to send his monitors to Sleek Audio for that. In case you never read, UM's artwork is horrible and they could never do that artwork. Sleek Audio, however, would be willing to do it with their printer (if specifically asked) for $50.

But that does look damn cool.

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #1,012 of 3,931
here's the conversation I had with Sam/UM a few minutes ago...
Quote:

arturo junior says:
Hi Sam, just wondering if UM are planning to release a 6 driver IEM?, something like the mage but with 6 drivers
sam zou says:
hi ,we are testing our um six drivers and very sucessful.
arturo junior says:
any idea on prices and release date Sam?
arturo junior says:
I'm pretty sure alot more head-fi'ers would be interested in this, alot of them are worried about the lack of waarranty for their remolded iems.
sam zou says:
hi,even higher than jh13,about May
arturo junior says:
wow
redface.gif

sam zou says:
yes,good question?but we remold old earphones,the component are old.
arturo junior says:
thanks alot for information I'll start saving for that 6 driver UM IEM
sam zou says:
okay,thanks for your support!the six drivers with the package will be perfect.

I hope he didn't mean cost more than a JH13 lol. I think he meant better than haha.
PLEASE JH13 FANBOYS DO NOT HIGHJACK THREAD K THNX BYE xD

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #1,018 of 3,931
I am thinking of getting se530s reshelled and I am just wondering what the impression are of those who have done it. Did you opt for single bore or duel bore. I would like to keep the sound signiture as close as possible unless one or the other option really improves it.

Thanks
Sam

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #1,019 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's the conversation I had with Sam/UM a few minutes ago...

I hope he didn't mean cost more than a JH13 lol. I think he meant better than haha.
PLEASE JH13 FANBOYS DO NOT HIGHJACK THREAD K THNX BYE xD

dude i owe u one. upon seeing ur msn log i went and asked about my refitted mage, and apparently it'll be sent this coming week! (1st week of Feb)

thanks
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #1,020 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't put it into making yet. Just a thought. SInce 6 driver, 3-way is extremely extremely good already. Why not just shift everything up a bit, and add a fourth-way in the deepest deepest lows handled by a powerful low-end driver.

Sounds like a good idea to me. It will take a week or so for my TF10s to reach UM so I have some time to decide exactly what I want done with them. I was planning on doing the 6-driver, 3-way but I'm certainly into bass and could always use more impact and extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back