Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #541 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm trying to see if they could make mine in translucent black with clear faceplate. hopefully they can mix and match for me
smily_headphones1.gif

My Mage were made so, look at the link in my signature.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #544 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dug up those pics of the clear shells. Don't tell me these things don't look AMAZING!

3911343093_10cacb1d6c.jpg

3911350019_76925f72bc.jpg

3912129680_a663c61222.jpg

3911345281_db38e2307f.jpg

Looks viewtiful!!! But doesnt clear shells turn yellow over time?
confused_face.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #545 of 3,931
Quote:

i'm trying to see if they could make mine in translucent black with clear faceplate. hopefully they can mix and match for me
smily_headphones1.gif

I asked Sam if they can do trans black canal tips and blend them into clear shells...he said yes. Reason for my request is the tips look less dirty (ear wax) if they're darker and also less chance of fading or yellowing over time (I could be wrong but I read somewhere that this happens to acrylic).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacky113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think there is a wiki, but the first page of this thread is pretty informative. I think remold cost is 90$us or adding driver+remold is ~230$us without the cables, but if you want specific prices with cables etc i think only way is by emailing them.

Hope that helps

Yeah just email Sam for specifics. He quoted me ES3 cable $54 and UE11 cable $59. I think it's a bit less expensive to buy those cables here in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget the cost of impressions too. I am planning on the same route, but need to sort out all the $$$ first. But even so, about $425 for UE11s. Not bad.

I didn't forget!
smily_headphones1.gif
I just didn't post it. I found a local audiologist that can do it for $35. Another can do walk-ins for $40. Yep...sub $500 UE11pro's I couldn't pass up.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #546 of 3,931
So far my these have cost me -
$76AUD for impressions - The only place that would do them the day my TF10's arrived.
$42AUD couriered to china - express post was roughly the same cost.
$230USD for remold + drivers
$54USD for the es cable
$20USD for shipping back
Is that still a bargain?
I forgot to meantion I traded my hd650's for TF10's (I'm more of a portable user anyways, only got HD650's coz they were cheap and people on head-fi make them out to be godly)
so really not as cheap as it seems but if your an impulsive buyer - you don't really think about it till NOW
can't wait for get my customs btw =D

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #548 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$108.02 + $230 + $74 = $412.20

I'd say yes. New UE11pro will cost you how much in Australia? In the US they're over $1000.

haha it should be lower, since aj has AUD and USD mixed in it.

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #549 of 3,931
Quote:

$76AUD for impressions - The only place that would do them the day my TF10's arrived.
$54USD for the es cable
$20USD for shipping back
Is that still a bargain?
I forgot to meantion I traded my hd650's for TF10's (I'm more of a portable user anyways, only got HD650's coz they were cheap and people on head-fi make them out to be godly)
so really not as cheap as it seems but if your an impulsive buyer - you don't really think about it till NOW

Not in my opinion, no.

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #550 of 3,931
You forgot to add the cost of the HD650 that you traded with TF10... which I'm assuming about US$250 ... so at the end it costs you US$660.... hmmm... the saving is not as much as other people who lives in US...still nonetheless a saving of US$330 over UE11pro

Quote:

$54USD for the es cable
$20USD for shipping back
Is that still a bargain?

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #552 of 3,931
i just sent my sf5 pro to UM yesterday :p
and sent off to get custom tips for um3x's as well,

how excite
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #553 of 3,931
I realised I've forgotten to include my impressions of the quad triple fis that I just unwillingly sold to fund my new pc purchase.

hang on while I sift through my folders for the original document

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #554 of 3,931
I lost my review which I had it side by side with the LW3, but I managed to find my first impressions of a 100hour 'QuadFi10'

UM Quad Triple Fi 10 w/ ES cable

I decided to go for this upgrade as I totally had no idea on how the actual UE11 sounds like because Jaben couldn't find their demo unit when I went there the other time. While I liked the TF10's accuracy and highs, the fit was an annoying issue despite me changing tips and modifying the shure olives. (Olives w/ complies bore)

The upgrade set me back about S$600+ (used TF10, driver upgrade + reshell, ES cable, shipping and impressions) and I was left doing a ctrl-r in this thread repeatedly to look for impressions of those who did the same upgrade.

However, when the Quads came back I was kind of disappointed because the sound just sounded totally off to my ears despite the perfect seal (which my livewires failed to achieve, since the seal on the LW3 broke once I yawn/ tilt my head).

The bass that was brought on by the newly added driver sounded boomy, bloated and all over the place and while the treble extensions were enhanced, the overall sound signature was nothing like the TF10.

I decided to let it play for around 50hours before judging again and I'm glad I did. The bass kind of tamed down, became tighter and the overall sound seemed to finally click.

Although the bass was pretty powerful (like many people have commented on THE UE11Pro), I still found it bearable despite myself not really a basshead. The closest likeness to it IMO would be a 2-300 hour FS Atrio, although the quantity of bass present in the Quad still wins the Atrio.

rest of the text went missing. sorry that I couldn't salvage more

I will try to answer any questions aimed at this upgrade to the best of my knowledge, but since I'm still a novice at this hobby, I hope your will bear with my unprofessional impressions

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #555 of 3,931
thanks for you impressions b[van]
I was actually looking for something like that before I sent mine away but oh well, thanks for the reassurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not convinced the triple.fi with an added driver is as good as a UE11pro. Haven't heard either, but just going off of my observations.

and you probably won't be convinced seeing as I'm pretty sure there isn't a TF10 Remold + Drivers user that also has UE11pro's to compare and contrast.

It'd be great if headphone addict could review a set
smily_headphones1.gif
(*hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back