Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #528 of 3,931
I'm going with the westone es cable option - purely because it was the cable of choice for the UM mage. I was thinkin with all these cables they make, why would they package it with that one, unless it performed better than others at the same price.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #529 of 3,931
@Barleyguy, like those pics, the purple looks great. I'm still happy with mine, a purple re shelled SE530, thought I may have screwed up on the colour at first, but no, they look great. My fit is really snug on both sides, which is a good thing but I have to be gentle putting the right side in, otherwise it can get uncomfortable briefly. let us know how the filing down goes....
Like the cable, which Null cable is that?

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #530 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by hammck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Barleyguy, like those pics, the purple looks great. I'm still happy with mine, a purple re shelled SE530, thought I may have screwed up on the colour at first, but no, they look great. My fit is really snug on both sides, which is a good thing but I have to be gentle putting the right side in, otherwise it can get uncomfortable briefly. let us know how the filing down goes....
Like the cable, which Null cable is that?

Thanks. I'm glad I chose the purple as well. I got an appointment to have them adjusted on Wednesday. My audiologist has lots of experience tweaking hearing aids, so I'm confident it will turn out well.

That's the Enyo cable, in violet. I really like it. It might be contributing to the sound as well, though I don't have another cable to compare.

Dec 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #531 of 3,931
So I figure it's a nice cheap spare set of customs in the offing here after picking up those TF10vi today at such a cheap price. Extra driver? Is it worth it?

Dec 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #532 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going with the westone es cable option - purely because it was the cable of choice for the UM mage. I was thinkin with all these cables they make, why would they package it with that one, unless it performed better than others at the same price.

It's because the consistency of quality, and just the quality itself is just that much better with machine made cables rather than hand made. Also, the Westone ES cable is much easier to use compared to their own DIY cables.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #533 of 3,931
Been reading all through this thread...very informative.

I emailed Sam inquiring about a TF10 remold + mid driver last evening (EST time zone) and I got a reply email in the morning saying that yes I can add a mid driver to my TF10 (I snagged the $99 amazon deal!!) and sound signature will like a UE11pro. I replied asking for pricing and haven't heard back yet. I'm pretty excited about this. A custom IEM was not in my budget as a church musician and I was going to settle from some OSP EU-4 church-provided dynamic driver universals with foam tips. With the Amazon deal and UM's cost effectiveness/build quality, I couldn't say no! I'll keep you all updated.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #534 of 3,931
Oh snap...I just got a reply email from Sam - read below

"Hi,
Thanks for your enquiry!The cost for addind a mid driver (USD230,reshell included)+postage(USD44) is USD274.
Enclosed please find the color list and order form for your information.
Best regards.
UM"

edit: sorry just realized this was posted earlier, sorry for double post.

Gonna wait for my TF10s to arrive before filling out the order form. I was gonna go for clear shells but any tips?

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #535 of 3,931
UM's clear shells look amazing! I wish I felt like digging up one of the images someone posted a while back... it looked like there was no faceplate at all! Definitely a great choice. I'm partial to the the light blue shells myself. (These are my UM Mages, BTW)

11wt

11wv

As for tips... do not get artwork. While the build quality of UM's monitors is amazing, their artwork is another story. You're definitely better off without.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #538 of 3,931
um. is there a wiki for Unique Melody somewhere? I can't seem to find info on their prices and what they offer.
Do we have to contact them first about what we want and what they offer?

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #539 of 3,931
I don't think there is a wiki, but the first page of this thread is pretty informative. I think remold cost is 90$us or adding driver+remold is ~230$us without the cables, but if you want specific prices with cables etc i think only way is by emailing them.

Hope that helps

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #540 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh snap...I just got a reply email from Sam - read below

"Hi,
Thanks for your enquiry!The cost for addind a mid driver (USD230,reshell included)+postage(USD44) is USD274.
Enclosed please find the color list and order form for your information.
Best regards.
UM"

edit: sorry just realized this was posted earlier, sorry for double post.

Gonna wait for my TF10s to arrive before filling out the order form. I was gonna go for clear shells but any tips?

Don't forget the cost of impressions too. I am planning on the same route, but need to sort out all the $$$ first. But even so, about $425 for UE11s. Not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back