Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3,856 of 3,931
I mean what could result from a hole in that spot? It's almost impossible lol. And what do you mean by natural damage? @Stephen Guo

I'm not sure, but it could be dropped or kinked with a sharp object. I mean, it doesn't look possible if it just lies there though. 

If the hole is there when you first got it, then it's a different story. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3,857 of 3,931
I'm not sure, but it could be dropped or kinked with a sharp object. I mean, it doesn't look possible if it just lies there though. 

If the hole is there when you first got it, then it's a different story. 

It shouldn't be caused by a drop as the hole is located in the concha region which is a concave. I've always handled my merlin with care, so it shouldn't be caused by a fall from height, much less kinked by a sharp object in that awkward location. Even if the damage is resulted from a fall from height, the shell should be cracked, and not have a hole in it so the only reason for the shell to have this kind of damage is either the acrylic is too thin or there is some serious problem with the build quality of UM Stephen Guo

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #3,861 of 3,931
I absolutely love the carbon fibre, it looks awesome. I almost went for that exact design when I went for my Miracles. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #3,863 of 3,931
From post office (sending away) to the postman dropping it off, it took one month exactly for my re-shell. I'm in Australia.

RE: Carbon Fiber, I was really on the fence about it, it's actually REALLY hard to design an IEM. I was getting all anxious trying to decide.

I figured that "wood" didn't really suit the Merlins sound (from what I read on reviews, at least). It needed something..

Else? CARBON FIBER!

The photos don't do it justice, but it turned out well!

Big fan of the Merlin. Have to wait for the "honeymoon" period to finish, so I can analyse them properly :wink:

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #3,864 of 3,931
A
From post office (sending away) to the postman dropping it off, it took one month exactly for my re-shell. I'm in Australia.

RE: Carbon Fiber, I was really on the fence about it, it's actually REALLY hard to design an IEM. I was getting all anxious trying to decide.

I figured that "wood" didn't really suit the Merlins sound (from what I read on reviews, at least). It needed something..

Else? CARBON FIBER!

The photos don't do it justice, but it turned out well!

Big fan of the Merlin. Have to wait for the "honeymoon" period to finish, so I can analyse them properly :wink:

Awesome!! Can I copy your design when I send it for a warranty reshell? :p

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,865 of 3,931
A
Awesome!! Can I copy your design when I send it for a warranty reshell?
tongue.gif

Of course you can!

This is what it looked like in the shell designer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back