Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #16 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MaoDi...what exactly are soundbores?

Thx

Soundbores is another term for Soundtubes. The little tubes thatare connects from the Canal to the driver, where the fabulous sounds and noise travel through
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #17 of 3,931
by the way everyone, i won't be getting the "Custom Se530". Due to one of the high frequency drivers were damaged, Sam and I are REMOVING the high frequency drivers from the Se530, and replacing it with the Dual driver from the q-Jays, and further splitting the frequency into a 3-way crossover. So in the end, i will have the q-Jays dual driver running high and mid, while the dual woofers originally from the Se530 will only be running the lows rather than low mids/lows.

Hope to get a good result, i am concluding these to me called "Shayes"

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotthing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My reshelled sf5pro with additional mid driver!

3911343093_10cacb1d6c.jpg

Review!!!

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #24 of 3,931
Its not, it has a clear shell. Do they have a circuit board in the shells?

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #27 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way everyone, i won't be getting the "Custom Se530". Due to one of the high frequency drivers were damaged, Sam and I are REMOVING the high frequency drivers from the Se530, and replacing it with the Dual driver from the q-Jays, and further splitting the frequency into a 3-way crossover. So in the end, i will have the q-Jays dual driver running high and mid, while the dual woofers originally from the Se530 will only be running the lows rather than low mids/lows.

Hope to get a good result, i am concluding these to me called "Shayes"

high freq drivers were damaged during the process of reshelling?

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #28 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
high freq drivers were damaged during the process of reshelling?

No no, of course not. UM crafters aren't that horrible haha, i don't think they would higher someone if that had happened. The main reason i got my Se530's remolded was one side started to sound quieter than the other, after upon my inspection (after opening them up). i noticed one of the solder spots on the crossover was loose and fraiding, that me thinking was the problem decided to send them off to UM for remolding, as i might as well since they're out of warranty. However, upon further Driver inspections and testing. It was concluded taht unfortunately my high frequency driver on one side was damaged, and therefore more quiet and was only partially on the soldering.

So i am sending off my q-Jays on Monday or tomorrow to Sam, not going to ship them fast as i told them to take their time perfecting the crossover.

Quote:

From what i see, no circuit boards, just a few caps.

There is no circuit board because the SF5 didn't use a circuit board. But filters and caps work superb if done properly as well, i just think it's a bit "cheating". YOU HEAR THAT UE???!

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #29 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Daaaaaaaaaaamn, I don't think I've ever SEEN a clearer IEM! That is some serious craftsmanship... UM is really shaping up to be quite the competitor!

Now we see the fear that comes to consumers mind of "UH OH...i've got to have that..." I think that that picture proves to me that THAT monitor right there has a better build quality and craftsmanship by FAR compared to my 10X3. Despite my 10X3's being clear (minus the faceplate) there's finger prints, scratches and dull parts to the clear part making it seem cheap and dirty ALL the time.

Looking at that UM remold, makes me want to...well literally get all my earphones remolded.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #30 of 3,931
I will say, seeing how amazingly clear that shell is makes me wanna reconsider my color choice for my shells. I mean, that really looks awesome. It looks like there's no faceplate. Gorgeous. I too would like to hear your impressions of the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back