Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #2,761 of 3,931
Sorry, to clarify, $159 does not include artwork.  It does however include up to three colour choices per ear (Faceplate, Shell, Tip) and recessed sockets.

Quote:
Ah, i'll have to think about it. 160 is a bit higher than i thought after seeing the 80 bucks fisher-deal. But perhaps it's worth it. I'll read up a bit more.
I'll check up the ampcity-thingy or i'll send it directly to UM. Depending om how much extra it'll be to go with UMAU.
 The cable will probably be made by Chris, that's what i want atleast then it's up to see if he's still a good guy who'll do it!

Edit: Oh, so artworks and the like is included in the price, nevermind then. Then it's not more expensive, even though i'd rather a cheaper one without artwork but hell, now i'm motivated to get it better looking.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #2,763 of 3,931
Also about Fisher Audio, 80USD doesnt include shipping. They want shipping fee extra and its total cost is just like UM's cost to Turkey. I suppose Sweden would be the same.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #2,764 of 3,931

Then it's easier once again, i'll have to see how much i'll get this month for the summer-job, probably it'll have to wait until the end of next month.
Quote:
Also about Fisher Audio, 80USD doesnt include shipping. They want shipping fee extra and its total cost is just like UM's cost to Turkey. I suppose Sweden would be the same.

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #2,765 of 3,931
Has anybody here had to have their customs (e.g. TF10Pro-reshelled) gone for a re-fit simply because they are too small? I mean like the fit is correct, but you just wish they are bigger so that the fit is tighter? I wonder how they (UM) is gonna do it? Do they apply another few layers of acrylic on top of the existing shell?

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #2,767 of 3,931

Quote:
We can do that, or we can do a full re-shell when you do a re-fit, which involves new impressions and we build em from scratch.

But suppose the impressions were already done properly the first time round, wouldn't the 2nd pair of customs be still, a bit too small (as per the 1st pair) when UM re-build from scratch?

Anyway, I'm more interested in how the layering process goes? How thick is one layer? How will the finishing of the customs be impacted if the thickness is increased via the layering method? How is the layering actually done?

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #2,768 of 3,931

Quote:

i went with UM because of that. But they asked me 159$ +10$ shipping back. And now for the refit they're asking me 45$ fedex for the shipping back
angry_face.gif

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #2,769 of 3,931
As I replied in your email, shipping from China to Europe is expensive. 

Also, there's something that need to be clarified:

UM does provide free refit, and they made their policy so that the customer would have to pay for the shipping back because the poor fitting were due to ear impressions as they just make the mold out of them, so it's not their fault. 

Personally, I feel it's fair enough for UM to provide free refits without free shipping back. 
They do give you options for the shipping back, but shipping to Europe is simply expensive, that's not UM's fault. 
If you have to blame, blame fedex and the labour law. 
etysmile.gif

Quote:

i went with UM because of that. But they asked me 159$ +10$ shipping back. And now for the refit they're asking me 45$ fedex for the shipping back
angry_face.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #2,770 of 3,931
Yeah but it would be nice if they told us before we send our package to China that there will be significant return shipping. I sent them thinking i would not have to pay more than the shipping, but then i feel like trapped cause obviously i want my re-shells back and they can charge me huge fees.

So my point is, tell the customer the total cost before they send their earpieces so they are fully aware
ph34r.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #2,771 of 3,931
Thank you for your feedback, and I will update the FAQ on our website. ~

Quote:
Yeah but it would be nice if they told us before we send our package to China that there will be significant return shipping. I sent them thinking i would not have to pay more than the shipping, but then i feel like trapped cause obviously i want my re-shells back and they can charge me huge fees.

So my point is, tell the customer the total cost before they send their earpieces so they are fully aware
ph34r.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #2,772 of 3,931
A properly taken impression should only yield issues if it shrinks.  We certainly don't do enough shaving in our processes to modify the shape or size of the impression to be smaller.

It's a loaded question you ask.  We can't say how thick one layer is for sure, and even so, we wouldn't be able to gauge how much is needed anyway! (0.1mm? 0.05mm?).  If only fit issues were so easy to diagnose!

Quote:
But suppose the impressions were already done properly the first time round, wouldn't the 2nd pair of customs be still, a bit too small (as per the 1st pair) when UM re-build from scratch?

Anyway, I'm more interested in how the layering process goes? How thick is one layer? How will the finishing of the customs be impacted if the thickness is increased via the layering method? How is the layering actually done?

Few issues here.  The $159 list price INCLUDES shipping.  This is standard UM Pricing including shipping, therefore if you are asked to pay a shipping fee for a re-shell it will be the $45 which is included in the $159.  Not sure why you were charged $159 + $10 for shipping, as our standard shipping cost from UMLab is $45 worldwide (included in the $159)

For those that are reading this that have ordered through UMAustralia and paid for the , your re-fit includes shipping back to you for re-fits.  If you have seen one of our dedicated audiologists it also includes your re-fit impression appointment.  All inclusive!

Quote:

angry_face.gif

Well said.  We apologise on behalf of Unique Melody and your distributor for putting you in this situation.  At no stage should you ever feel like your IEM's are being held ransom!  

Quote:

ph34r.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2,773 of 3,931
It definitely would have been nice to include that you charge for shipping back when doing refit. My customs are currently being sent off for a refit and they are due back in hopefully a week or two. However I understand the reason as shipping is not cheap but I had no idea there was such a cost. Typically companies ask you to pay for shipping to them and the return shipping is on them and I assumed this was such the case. However it is too late now and I expect a paypal or email request sometime soon.

Either way if you have put it on your website then that is better as it informs everyone of that process.

I assume this will be the case for every single refit so I guess it will be good to hope for your impressions to be good and get it in one shot.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #2,774 of 3,931
Hey rawrster.

We realized that it's our fault for not mentioning it before hand, and thus we shipped it for free for our friend in France. 
Same for you if you ordered through us. ~

Now, we are have included in our FAQ. ~

Thank you very much for this feedback from you guys. 

Quote:
It definitely would have been nice to include that you charge for shipping back when doing refit. My customs are currently being sent off for a refit and they are due back in hopefully a week or two. However I understand the reason as shipping is not cheap but I had no idea there was such a cost. Typically companies ask you to pay for shipping to them and the return shipping is on them and I assumed this was such the case. However it is too late now and I expect a paypal or email request sometime soon.

Either way if you have put it on your website then that is better as it informs everyone of that process.

I assume this will be the case for every single refit so I guess it will be good to hope for your impressions to be good and get it in one shot.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #2,775 of 3,931
Oh I did not realized that you shipped it free. That's definitely a nice gesture and yes I did order through you but haven't gotten notification that is ready yet so probably still at the lab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back