Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #2,101 of 3,931
Ok, I got a reply back from kabang about the 5 driver upgrade, his response was that it included 2 super high, high, mid and low drivers. And the price jumps up considerably, 778usd Vs. 478usd for the 6 driver. Not sure the extra 2 high drivers ( and I am assuming the required cross over) are worth the extra $ 300.00 .

So I will be sticking with the standard TF 18 mod.
Mom the only other thing I need to clear up is weather or not the standard TF 18 includes the 3300 low drivers or not, and if not how much it will add to the price to use them if it is possible. But I can hopefully sort that out with them in the next few days, once I get some clarification on the mater.

Just got my impressions made by a local audiologist, charged me a whopping 10 dollars !
I know where I am going in the future for sure, I was ready to pay 4 or 5 times that much.

Joe

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #2,102 of 3,931
I am just going to be glad that I'll be dealing with Mingo in HK to get my UM Mage.

Losing mails in transits are terrible in any sort of sense, especially when it is your expensive IEM.
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #2,103 of 3,931
Well, shoot, just about to head out to the shipping store, and I gave one finall look at my puppy chewed TF10's. It looks like one of the large drivers on one phone is dented. That kind of worries me, if they re-use the low drivers then I will need a replacement. If they replace the low drivers then it's no worries. Wondering if I should just send my good set.....

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #2,104 of 3,931
The dual driver in the TF10 is a variation of the 3300 from Sonion already. That is used for the lows in the TF18. The TF18 gets a dual driver from Knowles, the DTEC to do it's mids. The SE6X3/Se530x6 gets a 3300 as a low, and a vented, variation 3300 for the mids. 

Also, let's get some pictures up of the drivers! We can i'm sure resolve it before you have them shipped off.

@royhendo: Hope all goes will with your claim. Fingers crossed the package gets to UM so you can get them done free of charge. Cheers

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #2,105 of 3,931

By way of an update, I'm now waiting for Royal Mail to process my insurance claim. I'm down approximately £200 on the deal.

I fully expect them to write back in two months telling me I've completed the form incorrectly.

Meanwhile no further communication from UM, but hey, what's new?

So did you try your tracking number on track-chinapost . com? I'm guessing you used either royal mail international signed for or air sure both of with only track till the package is passed over to the overseas postal service and no further but you can track the rest on that link I gave you. I also used royal mail and mine got there after a month when it was supposed to be 5 days so I bet yours still gets there!

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #2,107 of 3,931
MaoDi the drivers said UEXXX on them, that was the only marking, if i had known there was a mystery still i would have tried to get better picks of them. But due to job issues, have to work all weekend, i put them in the mail a few hours ago, sent both my god ones and the chewed up ones just in case. I was noe expecting to pay almost $ 100 in shipping though, is that normal? Kind of takes a bit of the " really good deal" out of the really good deal. I used a small padded box that fedex supplied. Either way, i got such a good deal on the molds hat it offsets it a bit, but holly cow i hope i dont need a refit, about 1 of those and i will. Be kicking myself for not buying a set of JH16s instead. i will try to post picks later. On my iphone rigjt now, joe

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2,109 of 3,931
Yes, the drivers say UEXXX on them as they are designed personally for UE. I never ship with a courier as I find it expensive, and in the end they like trying to rip money out of your pocket with customs. I always go with the national shipping company. It;s cheaper, and I find they stand behind their services and problems much better. Everytime I contact UPS for charging me custom fees on packages marked extremely low, and as samples they only ever reply me with please contact blah blah to have your invoice fixed,however there will be a $15 service fee...so explain to me why am I the one paying when you messed up?

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #2,110 of 3,931
hmm, what the hell, steven refused to even ask UM about the 3300

Quote:
Hi Milos,  
I wont say that your friend is wrong, but I'd say that UM is pretty experienced with upgrading earphones as they have done lots of them and experimented with a lot of them.
Thus, for a safe bet, I would suggest that go with whatever driver that UM decides to put in. Also, they might not have Sonion 3300 and might have to order it, and the extra cost will not be worth the price.

Again, I'm not saying your friend's advice is not good, but I hope you take my advice into consideration as well.

Cheers,
Stephen

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #2,111 of 3,931
They definitely have the Sonion 3300...and if you want it, press him for it. At least get him to get a quote if it's too expensive in the end.

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #2,113 of 3,931
hey guys,

my cables broke and i need some replacement ones desperately. 

any advice? i don't want to spend like 300 o anything but wouldnt mind spending under 100. dont want the westone ones either

any ideas?

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #2,114 of 3,931

This is my SE530 remolding - first in-ear headphone . It is very good , sound is ok(high and mid is good , but bass is tight ) , shell is very nice , and artwork is great . Now , I want to find a good cable for this . Can you help me ? I want to find a cable with good price ( around 50-60 usd ) . Thanks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back