Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread
Aug 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #256 of 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it is, the crossover is not in the IEM for the JH3A
Thank for clearing that up.

Quote:
So the IEM for the PP6 is called Terminator (pops up under the adchoice banner on the upper right hand side).

with that said..
I wonder what DSP is being used in this...

hunch says that it is the SAME Cirrus Logic CS47048 from Harvey's product. TI doesn't have something like that.

of course it might be a rockchip design also.

Who's going to be the first to crack one open? :wink:

555 figgie I know who will be the brave one to open it and share us the inard of that PP6.  By the way, I still looking for that DSP Composer software in hope that I can get the choice of turn of and on extra feature for the JH3A.  So if you ever have the software in your hand please let me know. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #258 of 484
Well this thread has bought me out of Head-Fi retirement for the first time in 1 year. I thought I owning the Miracles and the Merlins would be enough... But no! You guys had to release something else to wet my appetite!

Email incoming UM...

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #259 of 484
Hi, has anyone placed an order yet? Or are they any demo samples sent out for review, hint..hint.. Joe and average_joe and project86....

Also Kabelmister, I thought you were going to order the JH3A?

Thanks.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #260 of 484
Quote:
Well this thread has bought me out of Head-Fi retirement for the first time in 1 year. I thought I owning the Miracles and the Merlins would be enough... But no! You guys had to release something else to wet my appetite!

Email incoming UM...

We welcome emails at any time. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #261 of 484

Email incoming UM...

Aaron mate! Haha welcome
back! We'll give you a buzz tomorrow!

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #262 of 484
Quote:
Hi, has anyone placed an order yet? Or are they any demo samples sent out for review, hint..hint.. Joe and average_joe and project86....

Also Kabelmister, I thought you were going to order the JH3A?

Thanks.

Knowing me, you might have a review in 4-6 weeks... 
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
We welcome emails at any time. 

Quote:
Aaron mate! Haha welcome
back! We'll give you a buzz tomorrow!

Cheers guys,
Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #267 of 484
All of this is speculation on an unreleased product, I'm as open minded as the next guy. But before judging anything at least give the company a chance to put a completed production unit in someone's hands before dismissing the product.

I don't think I need to remind that the JH-3a also promised active crossovers but then backed out due to cost and issues during production. So it is pretty expected that a unit that achieves what the jh-3a could not would cost more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #268 of 484
Quote:
All of this is speculation on an unreleased product, I'm as open minded as the next guy. But before judging anything at least give the company a chance to put a completed production unit in someone's hands before dismissing the product.
I don't think I need to remind that the JH-3a also promised active crossovers but then backed out due to cost and issues during production. So it is pretty expected that a unit that achieves what the jh-3a could not would cost more.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

x2

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #269 of 484
Why don't we just wait for the first individual to review the PP6? Instead of adding more premises and rumors to the table. It is just making the wait not to be exciting.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #270 of 484
It was not cost and definetly not time. The Cirrus DSP composer, it is GUI based, really no need to get in physical coding just make sure the logic flow is correct. Drag and drop a box, assign to inputs, assign native (function) to said box (ie crossover), and assign outputs. done. this is how they do phase alignment and sound tuning.

It is squarely litigation and nothing else. Logitech has deep pockets.

Now if you would have said power management then yes, that requieres ground up coding in Assembly no less. My guess about 500 man hours.

anyway, hopefully some brave soul will open the PP6 and show those internals.

I have a feeling though that the DSP will have the info sanded off as is typical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back