Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread
Jul 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #212 of 484
Quote:
A couple more pics to check out with added exposure...

Edit. In the bottom left.. is that a switch and led with a word starting with 'CH'? So hard to see. Might have a battery after all?

Looks nice! And I can also say that it looks like a "CH". Looks like the word charge, it wouldn't say power and definitely not a gain or bass boost switch. 
Also where did you get these pictures?

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #213 of 484
Quote:
Looks nice! And I can also say that it looks like a "CH". Looks like the word charge, it wouldn't say power and definitely not a gain or bass boost switch. 
Also where did you get these pictures?

Yeh I reckon it is a charge switch. It won't need a gain switch and the power and bass boost switches seem to be on the front.

I wonder why UM said it wasn't portable? Unless it's much bigger than it looks or as heavy as Thor's hammer it should work?

I just used the pic in the first post and increased the exposure 
wink_face.gif

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #214 of 484
Quote:
Yeh I reckon it is a charge switch. It won't need a gain switch and the power and bass boost switches seem to be on the front.

I wonder why UM said it wasn't portable? Unless it's much bigger than it looks or as heavy as Thor's hammer it should work?

I just used the pic in the first post and increased the exposure 
wink_face.gif

Again like I said, It can't be used with an iDevice unless paired with a CLAS... But if it does have a battery, then I would assume it would be able to work when paired with a DX100 and the like.

However I guess nothing is certain until the final specs are released...

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #215 of 484
Quote:
Again like I said, It can't be used with an iDevice unless paired with a CLAS... But if it does have a battery, then I would assume it would be able to work when paired with a DX100 and the like.

However I guess nothing is certain until the final specs are released...

You may not be able to use the DAC with iDevices but that would have been expected. There is an aux in on the front though.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #216 of 484
Pity it's a bit large. I understand that even with SMD opamps it won't be really tiny (at least 8 dual opamps...), but come on, this box is *huge*!

Still waiting until someone makes a tiny programmable DSP device with good audio quality. (Doesn't even have to be an amp.)

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #218 of 484
I have traveled with the 801 & Portaphile, so this shouldn't be an issue for me.  I can imagine it will fit fine in gear bag I take with me, which is a small camera bag.  

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #225 of 484
Quote:
I must say that, at that price, I would've expected it to go all the way up to 192khz, especially considering that it's intended for use with a laptop, where we're the most likely to have our uncompressed hi-res files stored.

my thought exactly. but considering how many songs are there actually in 192khz format it would be a bit overkill to go all the way with a portable set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back