Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
May 14, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #496 of 1,311
I imagine the Fusang will have demo units available.

With the demo unit available, my genuine advice is please do NOT make a blind purchase!
Is it just me or is the name Fusang not that appealing? Who is Fu anyway?

May 14, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #497 of 1,311
May 14, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #500 of 1,311
Is it just me or is the name Fusang not that appealing? Who is Fu anyway?
idk, maybe let us come up with some fancy nick names for it.

May 14, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #501 of 1,311
Read it the Japanese way: fusou :D
Actually that was my initial idea, but I thought it might be misleading to some of our Asian customers so I changed it to Fusang. But Fusang and Fusou are basically the same thing in English.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 14, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #502 of 1,311
Actually that was my initial idea, but I thought it might be misleading to some of our Asian customers so I changed it to Fusang. But Fusang and Fusou are basically the same thing in English.
How about a derivative like Soul

Unique Melody Mason Soul

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #504 of 1,311
$4,600???

And I thought $1,000 iems were over-the-top just a few years ago....
The community when I first joined head-fi ~15 years ago: "$500 IEMs?? Insanity. The industry won't survive long term with those prices."

Every iterative price increase since: "Man, these prices. It can't continue!"

May 14, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #505 of 1,311
Very very curious how the mason fs fairs with orchestral, jazz and trio jazz and chamber music…anyone out there try these genres?

May 14, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #506 of 1,311
Very very curious how the mason fs fairs with orchestral, jazz and trio jazz and chamber music…anyone out there try these genres?
Orchestral is AMAZING out of SS C9. Neutrality is the absolute winner. Soundstage is not the widest out there but the spherical feeling is magic here.

I don’t listen to jazz a lot, but will try some during the weekend. :)

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #507 of 1,311
Orchestral is AMAZING out of SS C9. Neutrality is the absolute winner here. Soundstage is not the widest out there but the spherical feeling is magic here.

I don’t listen to jazz a lot, but will try some during the weekend. :)
Amazing!! Thank you

May 15, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #508 of 1,311

Hi bluestorm1992 and other early adopters of Mason FS:​

you've reported that using C9 together with certain daps is advantageous for improving the sound of FS. If one would rather try to avoid using an additional device like C9, which dap would you recommend as a stand-alone solution?
I think it was mentioned here, that with the SP2000 it's kind of non-synergistic effect /not recommend when paired together with FS.
Thanks for your comments.

May 15, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #509 of 1,311
@bluestorm1992
what I have found in your comments. is something like this:

P6 Pro + C9 > P6 Pro > M8+C9 > M8 > N6ii +C9 > SP2000 (with regard to the pairings you tested)

That would increase expenses even more and confronted with the disadvantage to not having an opportunity to try the FS also size-wise before a decision to order it, either the FS or the FuSang, would make it a highly risky project. 😢 😭

It's surprising for me, that I think about Mason FS, after I had already made a decision to it pass by.
Especially, since I am very busy and extremely happy with the bird.

May 15, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #510 of 1,311
@bluestorm1992
what I have found in your comments. is something like this:

P6 Pro + C9 > P6 Pro > M8+C9 > M8 > N6ii +C9 > SP2000 (with regard to the pairings you tested)

That would increase expenses even more and confronted with the disadvantage to not having an opportunity to try the FS also size-wise before a decision to order it, either the FS or the FuSang, would make it a highly risky project. 😢 😭

It's surprising for me, that I think about Mason FS, after I had already made a decision to it pass by.
Especially, since I am very busy and extremely happy with the bird.
Indeed. What I have found out is that FS requires the DAP to have a very good music control and is very revealing of the tuning of the DAP. Depending on what you want, your ranking could totally be different from mine. However, a couple of notes from my source experiments.

For a good music control, I have found FS to benefit from either a dap with the turbo mode, like M8, or an excellent external amp, like C9. Some DAPs by themselves are very very good at music control, like P6 Pro, but there are not that many such DAPs.

I rank P6P and M8 high because I have really been enjoying the tuning and musicality of them, and FS helps me to reveal such tuning. If you prefer an ultra-neutral sound, then N6ii+C9 (SS) could be top of your game.

Edit: I should also note that SP2000 lacks a good music control with FS, so it is definitely put into the bottom regardless. When paired with SP2000, the vocal is thin and shallow and the tuning is flat/clinical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back