Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Nov 22, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #4,531 of 7,342
19E464B7-1F2F-4105-A1B4-C979EF6E493F.jpeg
Weeee

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #4,533 of 7,342
Nov 22, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #4,536 of 7,342
Right, the fit is so so much better than MKII. I am almost certain they are smaller than MKII.

I would neve be able to wear such a thick cable with MKII, where Indigo is just.

Sound wise. I will not say much yet. But they warmer more full bodied. Treble is toned down but its more like its balanced now.
And bass is insane even when comparing to EVO. Need to spend some time to comment further.
Oh and its still the same 3d show.

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #4,537 of 7,342
Right, the fit is so so much better than MKII. I am almost certain they are smaller than MKII.

I would neve be able to wear such a thick cable with MKII, where Indigo is just.

Sound wise. I will not say much yet. But they warmer more full bodied. Treble is toned down but its more like its balanced now.
And bass is insane even when comparing to EVO. Need to spend some time to comment further.
Oh and its still the same 3d show.

The fit impressions line up with someone else I know who has both, as someone with small ears that pleases me. I didn’t find the BCD to do much on the MEST MK2, I found it very noticeable on the Mason and Evo. Is there any difference here in the indigo?

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #4,538 of 7,342
The fit impressions line up with someone else I know who has both, as someone with small ears that pleases me. I didn’t find the BCD to do much on the MEST MK2, I found it very noticeable on the Mason and Evo. Is there any difference here in the indigo?
I will have to do some proper A/B but initially it seems like Indigo is slighty deeper and taller where EVO might be just a touch wider.
They are comparable for sure.
I will come back with this one within couple of days.

Its really hard for me to discuss mest when i had EVO in-between. But i think its improved on imaging.

One thing really to bare in mind EVO ba treble is very different from Indigos estats.

They both are have plenty of sparkle for me, with Indigo having more upper treble. But neither are treblehead iems

Really dont want to talk much about specifics i need to give my brain some time to burn in.

But i think indigo is up there with big boys.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #4,542 of 7,342
Thanks! I’ll have mine tomorrow morning, excited for it. I was a big MEST MK2 fan but I found the treble to hit some sensitivity with me. Hopefully this one doesn’t cause that issue.
I concluded the same and let it go yesterday. Still a great IEM, just a little sharp at times, for my taste. Sounds like the indigo might be an improvement.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #4,543 of 7,342
I concluded the same and let it go yesterday. Still a great IEM, just a little sharp at times. Sounds like the indigo might be an improvement.
I did have to work on tips to induce a bit of warmth to offset the treble. End result was really good for me on MKII.

But with indigo i actually had to go for tips i use with EVO. Which tame a bit of midbass for openness.

I do feel that Indigo, especially coming from EVO it makes it feel a touch V shape. Or maybe more U shape. But just slightly.

One aspect which Indigo really is a winner on is outdoors use and when commuting.
It isolates sound much better than MKII or EVO and combined with that secure fit its really a fantastic on the go.
I am even carrying the original fairly stiff 22awg with me and have no issues with losing seal. Impressive.

Nov 23, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #4,544 of 7,342
Nov 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #4,545 of 7,342
How is it? :)
I don’t want to overhype it, but so far it fixes lots of big or small Issues I have with MKii. The indigo feels smaller to me and I get a perfect fit now. Sound wise, it is much more coherent than the MKii to me, which I attribute to the better fit, improved BCD (it is now the same as the one in Mason FS), and redesigned internal structure (Li Le from UM told me this). I know that lack of coherence is not a prevalent issue for MKii and it seems to be highly related to the fit, so I am glad that it gets “fixed” for me finally for the indigo.

I was doing A/B between Indigo and Traillii last night. Traillii has slightly wider soundstage and better treble (more crystal). Indigo wins by quite a margin for the vocal texture. Bass sounds equally good to me from both of them, but since my tracks are not super bass-focused (mostly female vocal) I will let others comment on the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back