Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
May 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #437 of 850
Using Ortofon tips with mine and personally feel they sound better than the tips that originally came with them.

May 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #439 of 850
Hey guys thanks for those who did enjoy my CIEM Mentor's reviews, i was happy to be the 1st owner of the CIEM Mentor on head-fi, and very glad to see many people happy with my recent answers ^^ 

Been while since i did post some updates about me and CIEMs.

Once again i am an owner of a new CIEM , this time this was a new CIEM project that does aim for something new, something that no CIEM can do, and made for people like me.

Here is the link to the post of my new project ^^

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-appreciation-thread/930#post_10543483

May 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #440 of 850
For those wondering, like I have, the comply 400 series fit very well with the UM Mentor. The 500 series falls off the IEM practically on its own. It seems like UM now includes a pair of comply tips. For us early adopters that didn't get them or those who want replacements- it's the 400 series.
In comparison to silicon tips:

I read some people say that it messes with the treble and it may depend on the source. From my iPhone 5s the vocals sound more lush with the complys' than any other tip I've tried [Monster supertips, Sony hybrids, stock].
Bass response seems to pack less of a punch as well as sub-bass is less pronounced (not too happy about that). I think the the foam at the tip, without the sleeve, is absorbing some of it?
I don't know what effect the tips have on soundstage. It definitely does note increase it, but I can't tell if there's less or the same amount.

May 14, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #441 of 850
has been on my mentor for 10 days and i am still occupied by my daily work and no time to write my review for it. but coming from W4R...i think i cant really go back to it as mentor did really out perform w4r a lot...now when i try to switch back...i feel a lot of thing missing :frowning2: oh mine, i think my ear has been spoil~

May 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #442 of 850
has been on my mentor for 10 days and i am still occupied by my daily work and no time to write my review for it. but coming from W4R...i think i cant really go back to it as mentor did really out perform w4r a lot...now when i try to switch back...i feel a lot of thing missing :frowning2: oh mine, i think my ear has been spoil~

I am currently with w40 and will be taking mentors soon , looking forward to your comparison !

May 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #446 of 850
Perhaps.

I paid $1300aud for them new a couple of months ago.

That being said, the listing is ONO, so you are free to offer.

What is the worst that could happen haha.

Scott

Sorry I didn't notice it was sold for 1050aud, and I thought it was for 1050usd.
Now I think it's a good price. But I'll pass because I found something better.
Hope you can sell it ASAP.

Stan

May 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #447 of 850
Sorry I didn't notice it was sold for 1050aud, and I thought it was for 1050usd.
Now I think it's a good price. But I'll pass because I found something better.
Hope you can sell it ASAP.

Stan

Hahah no probs.

Enjoy what ever it is you bought :)

Yeah, I need to sell them, dont WANT to at all.
Already getting sad thinking about it.

Scott

May 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #448 of 850
Have anyone tried to compare UM mentor versus NT6/NT6p? I'm very curious to know the overall performance and tuning signature especially comes to classical and instrumental music. Thanks.

May 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #449 of 850
Have anyone tried to compare UM mentor versus NT6/NT6p? I'm very curious to know the overall performance and tuning signature especially comes to classical and instrumental music. Thanks.

You may ask AJ or tupac. They've auditioned quite a lot of IEMs including custom and universal. I think they can help you with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back