Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
May 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #466 of 850
How I wish I could graduate soon and find a job to cover all these..Think I 'm kinda addicted into IEMs.

May be tell us what you like of mentor between these CIEMs would be easier
beyersmile.png

May 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #467 of 850
Just got my UM Mentors today. Stephen Guo helped me with the whole thing. Sent in my ear impressions a little less than a month ago so the process was smooth and quick.

I will post some impressions after I listen. These are my first pair of CIEMs so won't have a great basis for comparison but I'll compare them to my old Atrios MG7s

For now here is an obligatory picture with my RSA Intruder.

May 22, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #468 of 850
Just got my UM Mentors today. Stephen Guo helped me with the whole thing. Sent in my ear impressions a little less than a month ago so the process was smooth and quick.

I will post some impressions after I listen. These are my first pair of CIEMs so won't have a great basis for comparison but I'll compare them to my old Atrios MG7s

For now here is an obligatory picture with my RSA Intruder.

Nice! I can't wait my mentor to arrive too!
It's been a painful wait since i sent my ear impression in the second of may
frown.gif

May 24, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #470 of 850
popcorn.gif
I've been monitoring some threads here about the Mentor for a while now before I finally created an account just to let you all know that after reading about all the pros. of the Mentor iem and also the great guidance service and fast reply by
Stephen Guo (absolutely true) I decided to order myself a pair of them.

Thrilled to let you all that mine wil arrive this monday. Which I find very fast since I sended my impressions from Europe to the UM-lab on the 28th of april.

May 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #471 of 850

popcorn.gif
I've been monitoring some threads here about the Mentor for a while now before I finally created an account just to let you all know that after reading about all the pros. of the Mentor iem and also the great guidance service and fast reply by
Stephen Guo (absolutely true) I decided to order myself a pair of them.

Thrilled to let you all that mine wil arrive this monday. Which I find very fast since I sended my impressions from Europe to the UM-lab on the 28th of april.

That's quite a first post, so welcome to headfi.

I would say sorry about your wallet but it seems that you have jumped to the end already!

Hope you like them and hope you don't need any refits

May 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #472 of 850
I recently used double flanges. They came with the FT!334s and they sounded better than any others I've tried. The seal is so important. When you have your tips in, move them around a bit to see if the sound changes for the better.
The problem with the double flanges is the really make my ears itchy. Anyone else experience this?

Yes I experience the same itchiness when using tg334 dual flange tips. Thus now I use the dual flange tips for M6 from melectronic. They are much better n comfortable and they fit the mentor perfectly also.

There is 2 versions of the M6 melectronic tips. New and old version. Old version is the best however new version is not bad also just need to shorten the stem.

DSC_5071_zps74c09ee8.jpg

Fitear dual flange, melectronic new tips,melectronic old tips

May 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #473 of 850
That's quite a first post, so welcome to headfi.  
I would say sorry about your wallet but it seems that you have jumped to the end already!

Hope you like them and hope you don't need any refits

Thanks, I also hope I won't need a refit. I'll try to post some pics.

May 27, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #474 of 850
My Mentors arrived aswell.
gs1000.gif

Not as good looking as VisceriousZERO's Mentors, but I bet sound is the same.
I tried to add a photo, but seems my account doesn't allow it.
confused_face.gif
So you'll  just have to take my word

May 27, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #475 of 850
My Mentors arrived aswell.:gs1000smile:

I tried to add a photo, but seems my account doesn't allow it.:confused_face: So you'll  just have to take my word

I hope you enjoy them. I loved mine but has to sell sadly.
They are the best iems I have heard

May 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #476 of 850
  My Mentors arrived aswell.
gs1000.gif

I tried to add a photo, but seems my account doesn't allow it.
confused_face.gif
So you'll  just have to take my word

You have to have 4 or more posts before you can post pics!

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #479 of 850
  Well this is number 4.

Question: what source you think pairs best with the Mentors?
I myself use the HM-901 and find this a very good match.

I have tried the Mentors with some basic sources.
iPhone 5s suprisingly had nice synergy with the Mentors.
ak10/a200p Dac/amp was a fantastic (probably my fav) match with the Mentors, so anything ak100mk2 upwards would presumably be a great match.
The fiio e18 was a fun match but they did lose a bit of their resolution/detail due to the sig of the e18.
The Fiio x5 was ok, but didnt knock my socks off, however the x5 is quite powerful and very musical sounding so with other cans I cant discount it completely.
I havent tried any of the ibasso or hifiman daps with them sadly.

They are a bit of a chameleon and apart from the fiio offerings I havent found a bad match, heck even the fiio's sounded nice, just no WOW.

I guess it just depends on your preferences at the end of the day.
Personally I am a fan of the AK line sonically, I do however think they are largely overpriced. (Sounds funny after buying a $1300 pair of universal IEMS

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #480 of 850
  Well this is number 4.

Question: what source you think pairs best with the Mentors?
I myself use the HM-901 and find this a very good match.

i have ibasso dx50 (fw dx90 port)...fiio x5 and x3 (fw3.0)...

surprisingly....after upgraded fw3.0 for x3..it really make the mentor sound amazing....

i try a/b the mentor with audeo pfe232 with x3...i cant even listen for more than 20 seconds on audeo pfe232..thought of keeping my pfe232 for spare..but maybe i shd sell it on ebay then..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back