Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Apr 26, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #407 of 850
WOW Congrats.  I love mine too.  You hit the nail on the head.  They are just so natural.

Might I suggest, if you can deal with the comfort, try the silicone tips.  I actually prefer the sound (when isolation isnt paramount) with them over the foam.

YMMV, just worth playing with.

What is that cable?

Anyway, congrats, welcome and enjoy!!

Is that a universal fit version?
It's the universal version same as the one you get to demo at the dealer? Or it's something else?

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #408 of 850
If you're pertaining to mine, well yes. Its a Universal fit with Titanium faceplate.

I ordered a universal to my design but was delayed, and they suggested this or a carbon fibre that was readily available.

No, i haven't done a demo but a friend has a UM Miracle and was dying to have one. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #409 of 850
If you're pertaining to mine, well yes. Its a Universal fit with Titanium faceplate.

I ordered a universal to my design but was delayed, and they suggested this or a carbon fibre that was readily available.

No, i haven't done a demo but a friend has a UM Miracle and was dying to have one. 

The titanium faceplate looks pretty sweet!

How long did you had to wait before your received your universal fit mentor?

Right now I'm having problems, I can't decide whether I should get the custom version or the universal fit.
The problems with universal fit is that when I demo the um miracle, the right ear piece just wouldn't sit in my ear canal comfortably, so I was wondering if I order the universal fit version from um would I be expecting the same problem?

Apr 27, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #410 of 850
From the day they offered it to me + shipment 2 week. It could be a week if there was no problem with customs.

My advice, to be sure, go with a custom fit (if its available to you).

Won't sit in you're ear canal? Small eartips? 

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #412 of 850
  Do you know if mentor universal is sent directly from China like the custom or the stockist have these in stock and ready to ship?

Mine was one of the first units and it came directly from China. The only way to find out is write the dealer you intend to buy the unit from and ask is it in his stock locally or has to be shipped. I'd bet it will come from China.

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #414 of 850
JH Roxxane are selling more than Mentor, i wish all could demo both before buying, i bet all of those who did demo k10 or mentor with roxxane didn't end with roxxane for sure :p name me one guy that did!!

i did demo the roxxane but not the K10, yet not planing to do so cause i already heard from a friend Mentor vs K10's results.

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #416 of 850
JH Roxxane are selling more than Mentor, i wish all could demo both before buying, i bet all of those who did demo k10 or mentor with roxxane didn't end with roxxane for sure :p name me one guy that did!!

i did demo the roxxane but not the K10, yet not planing to do so cause i already heard from a friend Mentor vs K10's results.

Hi Shin,

What do think about Mentor vs K10? Any advise?

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #417 of 850

Hi Shin,

Thanks!

K10 vs Mentor:

if you want warmer sound with smoother less fun Treble go there, the bass is the same since both of the mid drivers got to sound heavy on the bass, since no think mid driver can do less bass 

if you like the Musical presentation such as SE535 i say the K10 is you cup of tea, yet if you wan't more upper mids quantity/air (slightly less warmer than K10) and sparkling and so going to make you dance treble then go for the mentor.

the mentor treble is more fun, some people don't like the treble to sound like that, so they ended with the K10 and earned even warmer mids with less forwardness and quantity, its all about what you like, get both to enjoy depending on the mood.

hope that i helped you.

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #418 of 850
Hi Shin,

Thanks!

K10 vs Mentor:

if you want warmer sound with smoother less fun Treble go there, the bass is the same since both of the mid drivers got to sound heavy on the bass, since no think mid driver can do less bass 

if you like the Musical presentation such as SE535 i say the K10 is you cup of tea, yet if you wan't more upper mids quantity/air (slightly less warmer than K10) and sparkling and so going to make you dance treble then go for the mentor.

the mentor treble is more fun, some people don't like the treble to sound like that, so they ended with the K10 and earned even warmer mids with less forwardness and quantity, its all about what you like, get both to enjoy depending on the mood.

hope that i helped you.

Ha ha...I wish I have the abilitly to own these two iems...... Thanks for sharing, Shin!

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #420 of 850
So guys (and girls)
I have had these babies a fair while now.

Wondering what you all pair them with?

I am just running mine through my iPhone 5s at the moment waiting for my Geek Out to show up.
Then in turn my Geek Wave.

Curious however as to what you are getting best results with :)

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back