Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Feb 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #271 of 850

Yes Yes! lol, sorry I had just got done reading the thread! so I'd thought I'd puntuate it with a . and subscribe at the same time,

after going over the thread I am on the sidelines? almost went thru with it, I have one in my cart along with the 3DD at their world wide site? but right now I am in love with my ASG-2, and have also always wanted an uber multi BA IEM, looks like the Roxanne is also going to be in the universal affordable range for me, as I'm reluctant to do customs?

so I will watch and read what folks have to say, I love the idea of being able to get universals, UMs or JHs? I like the idea of UMs 4 way crossover, not sure if that is a bennefit, I imagine so for the 4 different ranges of the BAs, I am drooling about what I might hear if I get them?

anyway Yes Yes...! lol,

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #272 of 850
  Yes Yes! lol,

anyway Yes Yes...! lol,

beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #273 of 850
Just ordered a pair of universals today and according to Stephen I should be able to get them after about 4 weeks.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #274 of 850
Yes Yes! lol, sorry I had just got done reading the thread! so I'd thought I'd puntuate it with a . and subscribe at the same time,

after going over the thread I am on the sidelines? almost went thru with it, I have one in my cart along with the 3DD at their world wide site? but right now I am in love with my ASG-2, and have also always wanted an uber multi BA IEM, looks like the Roxanne is also going to be in the universal affordable range for me, as I'm reluctant to do customs?

so I will watch and read what folks have to say, I love the idea of being able to get universals, UMs or JHs? I like the idea of UMs 4 way crossover, not sure if that is a bennefit, I imagine so for the 4 different ranges of the BAs, I am drooling about what I might hear if I get them?

anyway Yes Yes...! lol,

Just be aware that there seems to be a massive backlog when it comes to the roxannes. Quite a few people are still waiting for their orders to come through.

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #275 of 850

anyway Yes Yes...! lol,

Just be aware that there seems to be a massive backlog when it comes to the roxannes. Quite a few people are still waiting for their orders to come through.

well the universals will be be out in a couple of weeks? according to moon audios site, http://www.moon-audio.com/jh-audio-sirens-series-roxanne-universal-iem.html, but if CIEM arebacklogged then I imagine the universals will be as well,

its all o.k. I will patiently wait and see what everyone has to say, I'm in no hurry, anyways I have some threads I need to read,

thanks for the heads up!

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #277 of 850

This cable is just EPIC!! when paired with Mentor, i liked The Silver Widow way more than the Tralucent gold cable, on the Mentor, the Treble sparkle even more!! a lot of fun and never harsh!! the bass is warmer on the SW than its on the gold cable, the reason why would i pick SW over gold cable is the build quality and sound wise the mids, specially the female vocal, the gold cable don't have warm mids, its sadly on the brighter side, thats why its dryer on the mid range, unless you go with the Uber cable which is way to expensive for a cable...

the Silver Widow add to the tonally of the CIEM without taking anything, really the best cable i ever had!! in case anyway one don't wana wait for the SW i suggest the Oslo II from beat audio, its one of the best silver cables as an option for the mentor, a friend of mine did like the combo on it a lot!! 

note: i am using Pico Slim amp, this amp will keep the mids sound the same and will make you enjoy the treble a lot!! i really like my setup atm :3 didn't enjoy the music like this since ages!! 

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #278 of 850
Congrats on your cable Shin, now very interested on the SW cable as an upgrade. Ordered a silver cable from Chris (HPL Audio). And on my 3rd week from my order of the Mentors (UM Global).

You mentioned the Mentors falling out in another thread. What cable was it? 

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #279 of 850
  Congrats on your cable Shin, now very interested on the BW cable as an upgrade. Ordered a silver cable from Chris (HPL Audio). And on my 3rd week from my order of the Mentors (UM Global).

You mentioned the Mentors falling out in another thread. What cable was it? 

Thanks!

will the falling was using the gold cable, the plug isnt the best, specially for 700$+... the SW is using UE's plugs so they do fit and won't be loose at all.

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #280 of 850
Thanks for the info Shin, now I have my battle sights on that SW. Have a Arrow 4T and M2Tech Hiface DAC waiting for the Mentors. Have an SD Geek by LH coming also. Let's see. Already excited.

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #282 of 850
Wanna ask, how does the Mentor stack up against the JH13fp, since it's the most raved, aside from roxannes now.

Or perhaps, the JH10x3, since I'm half deaf and JH suggested either a JH5 or JH10x3, 1-sided stereo.

I gave the mentors a demo and I liked it, very lush mids, great for vocals and the bass felt just right. I'm still waiting for stereo and UM labs to tell me if I can buy a 1-sided-non-stereo version at half price, and how they would do the wiring.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #283 of 850
Just received my universal Mentors today and when I first plugged them into the AK240, my heart sank. I was using the foam tips that was pre installed on them and the default cable. They somehow sounded worse then my Miracles and 1+2...kind of muffled and congested. I then switched to the silicon tips that came with them, but it was not much better. It was a bit clearer but it still sounded congested and there seemed to be a slight increase of treble at around the 3k region which made them sound uncomfortable to my ears. I then switched over the Audio Technica silicon tips which I was using with my 1+2 which made them sound better but everything still sounded congested so I switched over the 1+2's silver / gold cable and immediately everything improved. The final change I made was switching the tips again, this time I used the Ortofon tips that initially came with my 1+2's. These really sound quite similar to the Miracles except there is a slight boost to the sub bass and the treble (around the 6k region I guess). I am really happy with this setup right now and can't wait to try it with the balanced cable from Whiplash when it arrives.

Initially I was quoted a 4 week wait but to my surprise it came after waiting for just 3 weeks. Really need to thank Stephen for helping me through the ordering process.

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #284 of 850
Any one heard any more about the uk release of the mentor?  It got mentioned by UM a while back and since then nothing... 

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #285 of 850
  Any one heard any more about the uk release of the mentor?  It got mentioned by UM a while back and since then nothing... 

Why not order directly from their website? http://www.custom-iem.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back