Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #181 of 381
20171105_211702_001[1].jpg

Vinyl...true Vinyl rip of The Chronic on ME.1

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #190 of 381

VINYL Rips ONLY!
Love that needle sound between tracks.

2 Items:

• Which amp are you using with your UM ME-1, are you using it High gain.
  • On your Audeze and UM comparison video, I do agree that the UM's are better. However on using the Audeze units I would make a linear scale as Isine 10, Isine 20 , UM ME-1 and Audeze i4. The 10/20 are on the lower end of capabilities, the ME-1 is in the middle region and the Audeze i4 are way on the high end.
  • Maybe Audeze will allow you to test and review the i4

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #191 of 381
2 Items:

• On your Audeze and UM comparison video, I do agree that the UM's are better. However on using the Audeze units I would make a linear scale as Isine 10, Isine 20 , UM ME-1 and Audeze i4. The 10/20 are on the lower end of capabilities, the ME-1 is in the middle region and the Audeze i4 are way on the high end.
  • Maybe Audeze will allow you to test and review the i4

The FiiO Q1MKII on high gain, SE, Bass boost on

Lotta folks trying to get the i20 to behave while the ME.1 sit here with you and me apparently...kicking sonic ass quietly and nearly alone. I like the i20 but love the ME.1. I will do a proper detailed of both.

EDIT: Cannot overstate the literal impact of a bass boost switch for these and the lack of ANY damage to early mids.
Awesome discovery. These sing with a nicely placed bass switch

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #192 of 381
The FiiO Q1MKII on high gain, SE, Bass boost on

Lotta folks trying to get the i20 to behave while the ME.1 sit here with you and me apparently...kicking sonic ass quietly and nearly alone. I like the i20 but love the ME.1. I will do a proper detailed of both.

EDIT: Cannot overstate the literal impact of a bass boost switch for these and the lack of ANY damage to early mids.
Awesome discovery. These sing with a nicely placed bass switch

Thanks, I was hesitant to use the bass switches as I thought It would be introducing or disturbing the EQ settings you showed. I will give it a try. My ME-1 is on high rotation. I would up consolidating my IEM's because of these. These will be my GoTo when traveling or in the office.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #193 of 381
Thanks, I was hesitant to use the bass switches as I thought It would be introducing or disturbing the EQ settings you showed. I will give it a try. My ME-1 is on high rotation. I would up consolidating my IEM's because of these. These will be my GoTo when traveling or in the office.

I swore off bass boosts 2 years ago and was just EX1000 all the time and they were easy for me to manipulate with just EQ. The planar can take that boost and not bother the mids due to design and good properties of the driver type. The ME.1 has re,re-introduced me to the hardware boost and they seem designed for just this type of set.

Iove the shiii outta these :)

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #195 of 381

Users who are viewing this thread

Back