Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Oct 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #361 of 381
Glad you're liking the return of your ME.1 man! I woulda been prettyyyy scared getting $10 impressions but I'm glad it worked out a-ok for you =)

We generally go for a bit more of a relaxed fit, but if you do feel the insertion's a bit too deep, definitely let us know and we can fix that up for you if you think it's worth sending it back our way again.

Can I get my ME.1 converted? I already have ear impressions ready.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #362 of 381
Oct 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #364 of 381
Can I get my ME.1 converted? I already have ear impressions ready.

I emailed service@uniquemelody and it was pretty smooth with a little hiccup since the rep was newer but everything worked out well.

I basically was asked to fill out a form and provide which color shell I wanted (black, red, blue or purple). And then I sent in my ear impressions and IEMs to the address provided. After that, they worked on the IEM which took about 4 weeks. Then I was asked to choose which shipping option I wanted (FedEx or EMS) and then paid through paypal. With FedEx, it came very quickly. It shipped Thursday and at my doorstep Monday (due to the weekend -- it actually arrived at my regional FedEx office on Saturday morning). If I had checked early enough, I would have asked to pick it up locally at the offices on Saturday. Oh well.

One thing to note was FedEx required me to sign for it which was surprising. I have had a consenting waiver on signatures on everything from FedEx and other carriers and this one didnt mention anything about signature required on the tracking info. Luckily my fiancee was working from home at the time.

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #365 of 381
KZ recently released the ZSN which uses the same connector style as the ME1. It's cheap but it works just fine with the ME1 without having the cable stick out so far from the driver.

I modified mine to make it 2.5mm balanced:

P1020555S.JPG
P1020558S.JPG

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #367 of 381
I just picked up a set of Unique Melody Me.1 planar magnetic IEMs (used) and the Campfire Comet.

I'm looking to get the exact same combo. Have the Campfire Audio Comet, happy with them especially for the price.

Struggling to find the ME.1 for a reasonable price. Over $800 CDN at musicteck.com

Meanwhile the awkward look of the Audeze LX and iSine options are hard to get over.

Anyone know to get them used? I've been looking everywhere and could only find them for sale brand new at musicteck.com

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #368 of 381
Aw. Now the left side is starting to go out. I suspect that the two-pin output on the left side is to blame. The cables are fine. It's strange that it's very tough to place the left 2-pin in the socket.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #369 of 381
Apr 9, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #371 of 381
I'm looking to get the exact same combo. Have the Campfire Audio Comet, happy with them especially for the price.

Struggling to find the ME.1 for a reasonable price. Over $800 CDN at musicteck.com

Meanwhile the awkward look of the Audeze LX and iSine options are hard to get over.

Anyone know to get them used? I've been looking everywhere and could only find them for sale brand new at musicteck.com

I bought mine used on this forum's used section. The iSine is actually quite comfortable and I'd recommend them if you did not want to spend the money on the ME1. It requires EQ or cipher cable though. The ME1 could benefit from EQ but of all the planar IEMs out there (CL2 included), it's pretty listenable without EQ, but is quite a bit improved with some EQ tweaks.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #373 of 381
Wonder if there will be an official successor to the ME.1 eventually or if sales were too low / too niche of a market (open back IEM) to have one.

For anyone reading this in the future considering an open back IEM but turned off by the iSine line from Audeze:
https://imracoustics.com/products/5ca1de06b2b1801300de6950
One to consider.
53789547_280176219551425_3646206215497683423_n.jpg

The iSine and ME1 are both planar drivers. The IMR is a dynamic. Very different things, and not what most of us would be looking for. The beauty of a planar is the transient speed and bass control and extension. You won’t get the same from a DD.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #374 of 381
The iSine and ME1 are both planar drivers. The IMR is a dynamic. Very different things, and not what most of us would be looking for. The beauty of a planar is the transient speed and bass control and extension. You won’t get the same from a DD.
To me "getting the same" is being able to hear my surroundings in an office environment such as the phone going off or a coworker trying to get my attention for example, not the technicalities of the technology used in the components.

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #375 of 381
To me "getting the same" is being able to hear my surroundings in an office environment such as the phone going off or a coworker trying to get my attention for example, not the technicalities of the technology used in the components.

So why not use HQ earbuds?

I know your suggestion of the IMR open backs was genuine - but I think you missed the point of the planar tech. Its why people specifically follow this and the iSine products. Not the fact that its open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back