Unique Melody Mason- new 12 driver flagship
Nov 23, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #77 of 124
And oh btw chodi, could you help me to provide the link from japanese forum who discussed about legacy?
Thank you

Since I am going to assume you don't want to spend hours with google translate, here is a better forum in English which talks a lot about the UM Legacy:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/

That is the Singapore forum in English. A lot to read with a very large section about UM.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #78 of 124
  I only possessed a Legacy for about 2 weeks before I sold it and I can say for sure it is better than K10 in almost everyway, good to hear people have the same impression with Mason vs K10U.
K10 is an awesome IEM but I feel like it is overrated here on head-fi, people always say it is the best but on my list there are at least 3 above it.. no offense, just my opinion.

it is overrated

and i think that people who say it is the best , well usually they are noble fanboys who have not owned other TOTL iems 
rolleyes.gif

but this is how the market works , i guess so too bad for them

mason looks like a great iem , too bad it's Japan-only.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #79 of 124
One K10U owner who got the Mason said it made the Noble sound like a `blurry, triple-BA mess`.  I also think the K10U is over-rated, with a minor cult following like another similarly over-rated IEM, the TG334.  I listened to the new aluminum K10U last week and remain puzzled as to why some people rave about it.  And it was freaking COLD in the ears. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #80 of 124
I had the K10U on loan for a day and compared it to my Mason. I kept the Mason. I can certainly see how K10 owners can like the product but in direct comparison the Mason has greater clarity and a much more focused sound stage. The K10 is a fine iem but I felt the Mason was clearly superior overall.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #81 of 124
this thread is like the twilight zone , so many people not saying that K10 is the best CIEM ever ?

oh my K10 (i am an atheist, thank you very much) 
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #82 of 124
I echo Chodi's experience when I had the K10U and then the Mason came in... I could tell immediately that the K10U was nowhere near the Mason's level of resolution and clarity. I'd add that the midrange had issues, being somewhat sucked out by comparison, and with a bit of an off tone to it. The Mason's was just so much more natural and 'correct' sounding. I literally knew in 5 minutes which one was going up for sale.... :D

I will say though that I did highly enjoy the K10U for a good while until I picked up the Mason. It took getting a new IEM at that superior level of proficiency to be able to really pick apart the K10U.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #83 of 124
Is anything at the Mason level? Any plans on them selling international?

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #84 of 124
Hi all
How to buy direct from Japan? Its even possible?
Its all written in japanese:rolleyes:

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #89 of 124
I got to hear the Empire Ears line recently, and to me none of them matched the Mason's clarity and detail, including the Zeus. It sounded a bit thicker and more confused in the midrange to me, but may have had a more full tone and broader presentation in that area. Still, somehow the Mason seemed to have more clarity in the mids, and vocals just sounded more 'right'. I met my friend fully planning on being blown away enough by the Zeus that I'd feel like I had to have it, but that didn't happen. I came away content with the Mason after that listening session, surprisingly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back