Unique Melody Mason- new 12 driver flagship
Feb 16, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #121 of 124
Worth a try reviving an old thread...

Does anyone who owns the Mason V2 care to comment on after-market cables? I want to buy the V2 specifically, but am unsure of the different recessed pin layout. I know regular two pin cables will fit, but do they stay in securely? Can I use my massive stash of normal two pin cables? Thank you for any insight!

-Collin-
I hope you can get a clear answer on this. I looked into it when I was considering the Maestro V2 and still have a headache and am still confused about it. Would be great if it would work for all your 2-pin cables!

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #122 of 124
I hope you can get a clear answer on this. I looked into it when I was considering the Maestro V2 and still have a headache and am still confused about it. Would be great if it would work for all your 2-pin cables!

Amen to that my friend. It's sad that my addiction has come to this: if I can't swap in 10 different cables, I won't buy the IEM. Even if the IEM itself came with a cable made of diamonds and unicorn dust, I would still need to cable roll!

I'll report back if I find out.

-Collin-

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #123 of 124
Well my Mason V2 just arrived (under three days from Japan to USA!) and to my great surprise, they do NOT have the extruding sockets and normal two pin cables fit just fine. My impressions are super early, but I love these IEMs so far. They have a very open, airy presentation and while I find them to not overly emphasize any frequencies, they are quite musical and fun. I read reviews that they were darker than the V1, so I'm glad I got these because to me they are perfect and not dark at all. Treble is very well extended, bass is tight and punchy and not boomy and mid-range is so lush and clear. These seem to have incredible tuning - to my ears anyway.

Here's a photo with my Thor Silver II+ cable. I am so glad I was able to find the ones that say "MASON" on the shell thanks to @ranfan and I can't wait to give them to my son Mason eventually. He's only one year old, so he will probably laugh at IEMs that have wires on them when he's old enough :)

Mason.jpg

-Collin-

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #124 of 124
Well my Mason V2 just arrived (under three days from Japan to USA!) and to my great surprise, they do NOT have the extruding sockets and normal two pin cables fit just fine. My impressions are super early, but I love these IEMs so far. They have a very open, airy presentation and while I find them to not overly emphasize any frequencies, they are quite musical and fun. I read reviews that they were darker than the V1, so I'm glad I got these because to me they are perfect and not dark at all. Treble is very well extended, bass is tight and punchy and not boomy and mid-range is so lush and clear. These seem to have incredible tuning - to my ears anyway.

Here's a photo with my Thor Silver II+ cable. I am so glad I was able to find the ones that say "MASON" on the shell thanks to @ranfan and I can't wait to give them to my son Mason eventually. He's only one year old, so he will probably laugh at IEMs that have wires on them when he's old enough :)

-Collin-
Awesome! That worked out really will for you there with the 2-pin connectors and super fast delivery!

And very cool... The Mason for Mason. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back