Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Dec 23, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #466 of 926
Ok good thanks for the reply Steph much appreciated. I tryed it out and worked great pressure went away just fine
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #468 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have anything to say about how the Mages compare to my beloved IE8's?

If you go back a page Rip N Burn did a concise and informative comparison of the two.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #470 of 926
JH's....10? 11? 13? i have the 10X3, i would say the Mage is better on the highs and the mids (10X3 has upperhand in speed in mids), while the 10X3 dominates the Mage in the Lows.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #471 of 926
A slighly belated christmas gift arrived today: My brand-new Unique Melody Mage in translucent baby blue and emerald green. All I can say: Very satisfied!
  • Build Quality is and has remained truly excellent at Unique Melody. I could stare at them for hours, admiring their beauty and flawlessness...
    wink_face.gif
  • Fit is perfect and pretty flush first time; I am able to put them in and out very quickly with absolutely no pain. Very pleasantly surprised here. No refit needed.
  • What definitely sticks out immediately in my first listening sessions is the Mage's breathtaking clarity/detail and superb instrument separation. The pronounced high end possibly goes very slightly at the cost of vocal/mid warmth, but never to an extent that they would sound cold or analytical. A truly enjoyable, extremely quick bass response with zero bloat and sufficient quanitity for my taste.
  • Very reliable email communication with Sam from UM; all my questions have been answered quickly and briefly.

DSC00928.JPG

DSC00921.JPG

DSC00923.JPG

P.S.: Thank you very much MaoDi for introducing Unique Melody and the Mage here and adding another wonderful option for high-end custom IEMs to the growing list!

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #472 of 926
^^good to hear your happy with them

Im still very happy with my sound but sadly my fit is off a bit now. It was pretty good at first but as my ears adjusted i guess the right one loses the seal quite a bit if i push in on the top corner then it seals on the bottom perfect but when i let go it slowly comes up and i lose some seal on the bottom of the IEM. Ive emailed sam about a refit. I thought about trying some clear fingernail polish to seal up the area at the bottom by making it a bit thicker but i think ill just go refit. Sucks i dont think ill survive without them now that im used to them ha. So best bet would be to get new impressions after i hear from Sam right? I think the lady said she would do refit impressions for free so we shall see i hope so.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #473 of 926
Can anyone who has done the TF10 with additional driver give comments on how they like or dislike the sound and what changes it has made. I have only seen the one comment made from one person who has done the added driver and am curious about what others have to say about this change as I am trying to decide if I will go for the additional driver or just get the original TF10 configuration custom molded.

Thanks

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #474 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone who has done the TF10 with additional driver give comments on how they like or dislike the sound and what changes it has made. I have only seen the one comment made from one person who has done the added driver and am curious about what others have to say about this change as I am trying to decide if I will go for the additional driver or just get the original TF10 configuration custom molded.

Thanks

Not many people have had it done it seems, a lot are in the progress of getting them done. That is why. Also, wrong thread
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #475 of 926
DOH!!! I will look for the other one, all these custom threads are getting me confused LOL.

Right! found the correct thread and have posted question there, thanks LOL
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #476 of 926
Does anyone have a link to the website in English where you can order these? I went to one site and could not find them. I am trying to decide between these and the JH5.

I sort of feel more comfy ordering in the US vs China.

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #477 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have a link to the website in English where you can order these? I went to one site and could not find them. I am trying to decide between these and the JH5.

Null Audio Studio

They speak fluent english, and are a dealer of Unique Melody. They have the Mage on their site.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #479 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi I think the best way to order is contact Sam at kabang567@hotmail.com
and ask him to email you an order form.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #480 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I think the best way to order is contact Sam at kabang567@hotmail.com
and ask him to email you an order form.

you could do that, but rather hard to communicate if you don't speak chinese

Users who are viewing this thread

Back