Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Oct 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #91 of 926
@MaoDi: do you know when Mage will be available for purchase?

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #92 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@MaoDi: do you know when Mage will be available for purchase?

I'm not MaoDi, but I contacted Sam@UM and was told that I can order the Mage right now.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #93 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by nems /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM mage vs fi.10 custom add driver ? vs ue11 ?

I would go with the Mage, for sure. I definitely don't think a remolded TF10 with additional driver will compare and the UE11 is roughly twice the price.

They're building my Mages as we speak.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #94 of 926
can anyone who's ordered and recieved a complete set post how much the shipping back and forth has added up to? And will they send back your impressions if you ask?

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #95 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone who's ordered and recieved a complete set post how much the shipping back and forth has added up to? And will they send back your impressions if you ask?

I can't quote shipping, but it's rather cheap. Expedited shipping, which takes about 1 or 2 days is about 300RMB, so that's about...$40? Also, there's no point in keep your impressions, they shrink and are useless after 4-6 weeks in a low humidity area, most impressions shrink 1-2mm within weeks, rendering them useless.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #96 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten my monitors yet, but shipping to China from US was $3 to send my impressions First Class, but it took about 3 weeks to get there. I also sent some TF10s First Class, for remolding. It's been about a month and they still haven't gotten there. Someone else here sent his impressions USPS PRIORITY and it actually took longer than mine did to reach UM. So, I would suggest you steer clear of USPS and just spend the extra on UPS, etc.

UM charged me roughly $35 for shipping my order from China to US, but for what it's worth, they use FedEx and he says once shipped, my package should arrive within 2-3 days, so I don't mind the price.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #97 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Page 1.

Secondly, Sam tells me they plan to order a machine for printing the artwork as opposed to the laser etching/hand painting method currently used, within a year.
smily_headphones1.gif

juz a heads up to those who wanted fairly detailed artwork... sam says its pretty difficult for them to do those... i had a really nice logo i wanted but he said it was a no go..

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #100 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by zentenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey maodi, is the quad driver iem easily driven without an amp?

Rather Easy, takes about 25% more than the ES3X and 10X3. Takes less to drive the Mage to the same volume as the SE530.

Oct 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #102 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when can we expect the review? Ill be thinking about selling my w3's for a set of these look and sound promising, great pics too.

If you really like the punch in the lows from the W3, then these might not be for you. Despite using dual lows, UM has stayed back from overpowering lows and have used the advantage of dual drivers to keep the lows accurate, quick, and controlled rather than outputting twice the power.

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #103 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really like the punch in the lows from the W3, then these might not be for you. Despite using dual lows, UM has stayed back from overpowering lows and have used the advantage of dual drivers to keep the lows accurate, quick, and controlled rather than outputting twice the power.

I dont think that would bother me much, im use to DLS audio equipment so im used to quick and accurate over big and boomy. I just hope they have good sparkle to the treble.

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #104 of 926
Still liken them? temptation is killing me, for the price and product i might have to grab some next friday when i get payed so i can give them a whirl. Sometimes i think the 3's have too much bass so these might make me really happy.
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #105 of 926
I am tempted to get one as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back