Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Feb 8, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #647 of 926
Got my Mage back from rebuilt. UM doesnt retain my old serial number, instead send a new pair, UM#2012 "Apocalypse"! Hahaha

New Mage seem a lot more solid. Thicker faceplate, thicker bore and less glossy. I love it. But the bore diameter become smaller by 1-2mm, to accommodate thicker bore. Sound-wise, doesnt change much. But bass seem punch harder and go deeper. Maybe just place-bo
biggrin.gif
Overall, happy to get back my Mage after 1 month (exactly) apart.

P.S: Having a hard time plugging in the cable to my left earpiece, no problem with right side though.

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #648 of 926
Congratz on the rebuild, Glad you like them. The thing i like about UM's shells are that they are thick as the parts where it's just empty just to make it extra durable. The bore doesn't really matter as the Mages uses a semi-dual bore where the two bores join together halfway or about 3/4cm away from the canal tip, so the smaller bore doesn't really make a change.

Yes, the sockets are extremely tight for Westone cables. There's no worry though, it will definitely fit but it is really really tight. JHA cables are a bit easier to insert into the sockets compared to the UM sockets, while UE cables are the easiest.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #651 of 926
Ic. Pimped TF10P and SE530 lol.

Now rocking to some club music. Damn, i just realized i missed Mage a lot.

Happy Lunar New Year to all Chinese and happy holiday!

P.S: My 1337 posts!

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #652 of 926
That would be incorrect rawrster! haha. Just kidding, pretty close though. Both have their tweeters taken away, then a a TWFK is added to each and DTEC is added to the TF10 tomake the TF18 and a 3300 is added to the SE530 to make the SE6X3.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #655 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratz on the rebuild, Glad you like them. The thing i like about UM's shells are that they are thick as the parts where it's just empty just to make it extra durable. The bore doesn't really matter as the Mages uses a semi-dual bore where the two bores join together halfway or about 3/4cm away from the canal tip, so the smaller bore doesn't really make a change.

Yes, the sockets are extremely tight for Westone cables. There's no worry though, it will definitely fit but it is really really tight. JHA cables are a bit easier to insert into the sockets compared to the UM sockets, while UE cables are the easiest.

Hey Maodi

Do UM make the mages with universal sockets that fit the westone/UE/JHA plugs cause i am getting a twag cable made up with westone plugs, if its not too late i might get whiplash audio the change it to either the UE or JHA plug.

cheers

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #657 of 926
What you want is the custom socket not the universal one. The universal one would be the one that fits the UE Universal cable, which is what you don' want. The Custom socket simply means it fits "custom" cables from Westone/JHA/UE. I don't like the UE cable unless used on an "actual" UE custom as the prongs are too short for my liking, but the recession of the connector is just fantastic. Between the Westone and JHA are basically the same thing where the Westone's clear cable is better than the JHA, but the JHA is easier to insert and take out for the UM socket.

Feb 9, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #658 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you want is the custom socket not the universal one. The universal one would be the one that fits the UE Universal cable, which is what you don' want. The Custom socket simply means it fits "custom" cables from Westone/JHA/UE. I don't like the UE cable unless used on an "actual" UE custom as the prongs are too short for my liking, but the recession of the connector is just fantastic. Between the Westone and JHA are basically the same thing where the Westone's clear cable is better than the JHA, but the JHA is easier to insert and take out for the UM socket.

Thanks MaoDi

I requested sockets for my westone cables so that should mean they will use the custom socket not the universal ones.

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #660 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by noddy43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my fedex tracking number woohoo! They posted befor the cny holidays!

Nice bet your excited. You will probably have it before the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back