Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #286 of 926
@sosrah, AWESOME! Really clean build on the custom.

Initially i choose to go with same color but decided to change last minutes. Cant wait to get mine in hand soon
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #288 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No i didn't get artwork and i chose transparent\clear grey for the faceplate\shell.

For the moment i'll post some pictures, i'll need to listen more to make a review.

Looks very well built. I notice that one of the extensions into the ear canal is much shorter than the other. Is it supposed to be like that or does your ear canal have a much different shape as compared to the other?

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #292 of 926
Ok now, this is Mage here. Lets move the JH13 back to the JH13. But on a side note, JH are doing a promotion and there's a $150 off discount on the JH13, extra cable, and free shipping tomorrow, November 25th.

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #293 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks very well built. I notice that one of the extensions into the ear canal is much shorter than the other. Is it supposed to be like that or does your ear canal have a much different shape as compared to the other?

I took a look at the image and the one you're talking about seems larger ant shorter(bad image perspective) but in rality the extensions are very similar in lenght and with slighty differences in shape according to differences in ear canals.

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #294 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok now, this is Mage here. Lets move the JH13 back to the JH13. But on a side note, JH are doing a promotion and there's a $150 off discount on the JH13, extra cable, and free shipping tomorrow, November 25th.

Sorry for Off topic
frown.gif

This promotion is reason, Why I´m going for JH13.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 24, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #295 of 926
I see, interesting. I'm still doubting the build of JH Audio. Jerry hasn't been in contact with me with the build of my 10X3 (which is pretty bad), and the pictures aren't showing large improvements. I'm sure the sound will be astounding though =)

For me, i'm off buying customs. Build them myself at the moment, the insides at least. Getting UM to do the outside =)

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #296 of 926
The approach I'm taking to the Mages is: Get my custom X10's, give them a long listen, enjoy them, and then decide if I can be happy with them as my primary IEM's until next summer. If not, order some Mages or one of their competitors.

EDIT: BTW MaoDi, your review may be a factor in my decision.

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #298 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took a look at the image and the one you're talking about seems larger ant shorter(bad image perspective) but in rality the extensions are very similar in lenght and with slighty differences in shape according to differences in ear canals.

That's good to know. I've actually ordered the Mage and when i saw that picture, I was a bit worried.

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #299 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has the review been posted yet?

Not yet, but he promised it will be this week.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #300 of 926
If everything goes well, I'll post my Mage's review and might be several pics by the next week, as soon I received them.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Not need to burn-in, because, I am not a physical 'burn-in' believer
smily_headphones1.gif
. I might need few minutes or hours to adjust myself to new sound signature.
smily_headphones1.gif
.... But do not expecting too much from my review.

TQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back