Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Feb 1, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #76 of 553
Well, balanced was not an option and i didn't know, for me ideally i get balanced and then use it as SE with an adaptor like Fiio's or whatever rather than get another cable and swap between the 2.
Im not discussing the benefits of balanced here, tho just to say more and more daps offer far superior balanced out and seems to be the future, therefore offering balanced cable with adapter is the best option imho

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #77 of 553
Well, balanced was not an option and i didn't know, for me ideally i get balanced and then use it as SE with an adaptor like Fiio's or whatever rather than get another cable and swap between the 2.
Im not discussing the benefits of balanced here, tho just to say more and more daps offer far superior balanced out and seems to be the future, therefore offering balanced cable with adapter is the best option imho

Hmm well if you weren't aware that you were able to choose the option for the cable, I certainly can't fault you.

Send me a PM and I'll see if I can work something out for you regarding the cable.

Besides that, I hope you've enjoyed your Mentor V3 thus far and thanks for your support of UM!

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #78 of 553
Hmm well if you weren't aware that you were able to choose the option for the cable, I certainly can't fault you.

Send me a PM and I'll see if I can work something out for you regarding the cable.

Besides that, I hope you've enjoyed your Mentor V3 thus far and thanks for your support of UM!
Thanks Cotnijoe, i wasn't about to moan here, most of all Mentor is an extraordinary iem, absolute state of the art sound and finish

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #79 of 553
Thanks Cotnijoe, i wasn't about to moan here, most of all Mentor is an extraordinary iem, absolute state of the art sound and finish

No worries at all. It's literally in my job description to help out the community here afterall!

Feel free to reach out and let me know if you need anything.

Feb 1, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #80 of 553
No worries at all. It's literally in my job description to help out the community here afterall!

Feel free to reach out and let me know if you need anything.
I don't seem to be able to pm you, maybe you can?thanks

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #81 of 553
what material is the db-go tuning thing and the metallic part of the cable connector? they look easy to rust as far as i can see. is this so?

The dB-Go is steel reinforced with titanium, so there shouldn't be any issue with rusting.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #82 of 553
My first pair of high end headphones/earphones were the UM Mentor universals.
My second were a pair of Merlin Customs.
Thank you so much for getting me addicted to this money pit of a hobby.

FYI I'm not even remotely mad :p

I absolutely loved them, but sadly got addicted to trying new things so they are gone and these days I cannot justify the $$ on a portable rig when I no longer commute.
But back to my point, UM make some fantastic sounding inears. Try them if you can!!!

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #86 of 553
Is it possible to develop an adapter for dual tone to normal dual pins? It’s the main reason i’m holding back from the purchase

Its something we've been suggested and considering, but I wouldn't hold your breath as of now.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #87 of 553
Soo... A few things showed up at my door today.

Here's a couple potato shots.

20180202_143034.jpg 20180202_143016.jpg

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #88 of 553

Thems look like tour units. I love that titanium puck case. That is some premium schtuff.

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #89 of 553
Thems look like tour units. I love that titanium puck case. That is some premium schtuff.

Stuffed some extra cables in there as well so people will be able to try it with 2.5 or 4.4 balanced :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #90 of 553

That is some good looking kit...and I must admit it is all I can do, not to push the “buy” button on the purple V3’s...:disappointed_relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back