Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 9, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #5,912 of 7,348
I think the pricing is pretty close to what the Mason Fusang was when first released. iirc.

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #5,913 of 7,348
I think the pricing is pretty close to what the Mason Fusang was when first released. iirc.
Yes, Fusang was $4599.

The idea of Mentor line is a youthful version of Mason. The price would be slightly lower than the Mason line.
In the past, we would reduce the driver counts and tune the Mentor to a more V-shaped signature and the overall performance will still be on par with Mason. However, in this generation, since Mason FS line has set up a very high bar, especially the Red Halo and Le Jardin. We need to build a solid performer to meet this high standard, and tune it to an ultra fun signature to complementary the Mason line. So we finalized with the same driver counts and replaced 4 traditional BA bass driver with 4 hand trimmed BA woofers that are just innovated.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Sep 15, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #5,914 of 7,348
Hello,

I'm looking for a new DAP for Mest MKII. Currently I have Hiby RS6 but after hours of listening I'm not sure if it's the best companion for Mest.

Maybe someone can suggest something? I can spend around 1500 euro (for a new one or used).

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #5,915 of 7,348
Hello,

I'm looking for a new DAP for Mest MKII. Currently I have Hiby RS6 but after hours of listening I'm not sure if it's the best companion for Mest.

Maybe someone can suggest something? I can spend around 1500 euro (for a new one or used).
I know this is not a very supported statement on this forum, but with this money you might as well buy a new IEM or save it for a better one. IEMs don´t really need DAP that are this expensive

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #5,916 of 7,348
I know this is not a very supported statement on this forum, but with this money you might as well buy a new IEM or save it for a better one. IEMs don´t really need DAP that are this expensive

But it's very hard to buy better IEM at this price range. I heard some more expensive IEM-s (like 64 U12T, 64 Trio, EE Legend Evo) and I'm not sure if they are better than Mest in overall. Maybe in some ways they are but for me it's not worth to pay 3k for IEM-s.

Also I don't need to spend all money if I can buy good DAP at a lower price :wink:

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #5,917 of 7,348
But it's very hard to buy better IEM at this price range. I heard some more expensive IEM-s (like 64 U12T, 64 Trio, EE Legend Evo) and I'm not sure if they are better than Mest in overall. Maybe in some ways they are but for me it's not worth to pay 3k for IEM-s.

Also I don't need to spend all money if I can buy good DAP at a lower price :wink:
But why not spend the many on more music (from bandcamp for example) rather, or maybe a decent speaker set? :p
You can do whatever you want of course, I just think buying more music in your position would give you way more bang for your money

Sep 15, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #5,918 of 7,348
It may not suit your use case but I can highly recommend my Chord Mojo 2 & Poly combo. Yes it is not a DAP but strewth, we’ve all got phones and simplifying life is important to me hence one less “box to carry or charge” is good for me. It’s sound is immensely detailed and layered. Cost is around your budget I think. Additional benefit is that it’s EQ is billed as lossless / not impacting quality - which then means you can tune to compensate any (small!) shortcomings you may have with the Mest 2.

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #5,919 of 7,348
Even thou you might not need a more expensive dap to enjoy these iem they do scale well with better gear.
Personally, I feel every update to the rest of the system has improved my enjoyment of Mest Mkii. Going from the LPW2 to the shangling M6 pro 21 was an improvement once added the ORIOLUS BA300S that was another improvement.
For the home system, the Indigo with the Ares ii along with the xduoo ta 20 tube amp really bought out a new level of enjoyment with the Indigo.

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #5,920 of 7,348
It slams. HARD. Treble is well balanced. Clams down the shouty upper midrange. Maybe that's the "less treble" you're referring to?
Deep bass rumble and super crispy vocals on hip hop/pop. Never heard a better combo for metal. Drums are insane and actually sound like MEST was advertised. As a drummers IEM.
But I am an analog guy and hate treble etched audiophile flat-brightness, so it could be the darkening that made it rule?
Suprised you didn't mention the 3d gymnastics the staging has with ar-m2. It's insane!

Sep 20, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #5,922 of 7,348
Does anyone have experience owning the Odin and the Mest MK2? I am trying to decide on my next iem. My most used is the u12t and I am really debating between the Oracle mk2, the Mest mk2, or just saving up for the Odin. I know, of course, technical performance will drastically change because they are in very different price brackets. I just want something that will pair up well with my u12t, something with a different sound signature, that is why I am looking into the trib-quadbrid territory. Any suggestions?

Sep 20, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #5,923 of 7,348
Does anyone have experience owning the Odin and the Mest MK2? I am trying to decide on my next iem. My most used is the u12t and I am really debating between the Oracle mk2, the Mest mk2, or just saving up for the Odin. I know, of course, technical performance will drastically change because they are in very different price brackets. I just want something that will pair up well with my u12t, something with a different sound signature, that is why I am looking into the trib-quadbrid territory. Any suggestions?
If you can wait for the Odin, wait a little more and get the Odyssey, Indigo or Ragnar.

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #5,925 of 7,348
It's not a fair comparison since Mest Mk2 frequently on sales brand new for $999 and Odin is 3 times as much. I owned Mk2 for a while and demoed Odin in CanJam Socal and I would suggest you demo some more since your current U12t is so different from either Mk2 or Odin, both are much colorful in its own way.

However, if you like bass and don't mind colored signature, I would suggest you try Odyssey, it is definitely better than Odin and you just need to save a mere $1k more :)

In the meantime, at least to me, equally awsome is the new UM multiverse mentor (similarly priced as Odyssey) you probably want to demo.

I have to say that there is no substitution for your own impression since different people will definitely have different taste, especially when you made multiple kilo buck decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back