Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 8, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #571 of 7,365
I'm using stock, for me it sounded really good. I've tried using the cable from IMR the mids are not as good.
See that you are in Singapore too, you gotten your MEST from overseas, Japan?

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #574 of 7,365
I've spent several hours last night with the little brother.

With the never ending increase of iems' costs, this is a very very solid proposition from UM...
Impressions about the mini mest?

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #575 of 7,365
A bit early for the impressions, i'm still <10h of listening.
Btw i see that you have the 9038S + PowerDac in your signature, i found that the Mini Mest pair quite well with the PDv2 :)

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #576 of 7,365
Do you guys use stock cable with the MEST? I am very intrigued by MEST, so very interested to know if someone is pairing it with some aftermarket cable to get the most out of it, or if the stock does a great job!
tried few after market cables with regular 2 pins from OC studio, but the stock cable in the international version sounds best with MEST

i also strongly recommend final type e tips

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #577 of 7,365
A bit early for the impressions, i'm still <10h of listening.
Btw i see that you have the 9038S + PowerDac in your signature, i found that the Mini Mest pair quite well with the PDv2 :)
I see, as I can see the mini is about half the price of the main unit. So I'm still considering.

Yea I'm enjoying the PDv2, tonnes of power and control

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #578 of 7,365

I have pretty small ears (size of my tips : SS) and altough the Final Audio tips provide a great fit/seal, i find that they cover a bit the output of the nozzle. I'm using Tennmak whirlwind which are larger and give me a better sound overall.

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #579 of 7,365
tried few after market cables with regular 2 pins from OC studio, but the stock cable in the international version sounds best with MEST

Good and bad about the stock cable sounding best, as there is no 4.4mm. Honestly, I would have already pulled the trigger if the stock cable still came in 4.4mm. Seems odd that a $400 cable does not come in 4.4mm?

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #580 of 7,365
UM - any plans to offer the stock cable in 4.4mm? I would love this option, and have no use for 3.5 or 2.5, and I am sure many are in the same boat.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #582 of 7,365
Quick question, at Musicteck, i see UM MEST and UM Mest Cable! Please tell me there is a stock that comes with UM MEST purchase?
[/QUOTE
The Mest come with that cable stock, however they don't currently have 4.4mm.

Sep 8, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #585 of 7,365
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back