Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Dec 4, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #346 of 553
Looks just like this IEM I found on TaoBao a couple months back
FKe3NxW.jpg

Hmmm... Could you possibly send me a link in PM? The dual tone cable system is something unique to us and patent pending so it shouldn't be seen in other products. The 3D printed design is also something we had specially designed for us.

Something I'll definitely need to get to the bottom of...

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #347 of 553
Hmmm... Could you possibly send me a link in PM? The dual tone cable system is something unique to us and patent pending so it shouldn't be seen in other products. The 3D printed design is also something we had specially designed for us.

Something I'll definitely need to get to the bottom of...
When it come to patent or copyright, it does apply in China:ksc75smile:

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #349 of 553
now china is copying their own designs lol!

I wonder if something else is going on here. It was mentioned that appeared somewhere on-line before, even ahead of UM announcement. Just makes no sense, unless it was photoshoped?

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #350 of 553
I am selling my brand new 3DD if anyone is interested. I just want to use the funds towards full sized open headphones which is my main interest, I hardly ever use IEMs.

Dec 6, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #351 of 553
I wonder if something else is going on here. It was mentioned that appeared somewhere on-line before, even ahead of UM announcement. Just makes no sense, unless it was photoshoped?
The image I have is one that I downloaded from a product page on TaoBao using the app. I remember it because I posted it in a chat online and some discussion was had. I thought about buying it based on looks alone, but passed it up. Sure enough a few months later I happen to be on this page and notice the images look similar.
If i had to guess someone got ahold of a promo photo and used it to sell junk on Tao. I see all kinds of clothes that aren't even released yet being advertised on Tao, so I wouldn't doubt it. It wouldn't be the first time a manufacturers image was used to sell something unrelated on TaoBao. I've done reverse image searches on Google, TaoBao, and Ali and haven't had any luck and unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get history on Tao.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #352 of 553
Anyone has impressions on the 3DD Ti? I saw the frequency response graph and it looked really bad, just wanted to make sure if it wasn't exaggerated because I have been eyeing these for a while now

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #353 of 553
Dec 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #354 of 553
Anyone has impressions on the 3DD Ti? I saw the frequency response graph and it looked really bad, just wanted to make sure if it wasn't exaggerated because I have been eyeing these for a while now

I covered them a while back during one of my trips to Singapore. Its aberrations are very noticeable, but not fatal. I reckon they have some legs when it comes to EDM and the like, but it's honestly a difficult sell most anywhere else. Anyway, here's the post:

Unique Melody 3DD-Ti

First on the list is Unique Melody's revision of their classic 3DD - now consisting of titanium elements to complement the IEM's three dynamic drivers.

The 3DD-Ti has an energetic, dynamic, w-shaped presentation. Its stage is decently expanded, but certainly within the confines of the head. The stage is constantly full, but notes sound clean nonetheless as a result of a withdrawn lower-midrange. Imaging and separation are fine, but note size and intimacy certainly take precedence. It’s an up-close-and-personal, rock out! presentation that’ll serve genres like EDM pretty well. its tonal balance leads toward neutral-warm, with peaks along the lower- and upper-treble adding sparkle and clarity.

Bass impact is rather strong, but isn’t too physical and/or guttural. So, punches are sufficiently felt, but don’t fill the stage. Decay is a touch slow, but the recessed lower-midrange maintains definition for the most part. Sub- and mid-bass are relatively balanced, with rumble to complement each passing punch. But, it’s a darker low-end with minimal melody and clarity. Impact and fun is certainly prioritised over texture, layering and detail retrieval.

10174247.jpg

The midrange is where I take issue with the 3DD-Ti. It has a strange timbre that sounds like an overtly elevated 1-4kHz range and a 5kHz dip. Vocals sound very chesty, with little headroom or air. Delivery sounds throaty with little articulation or resonance from the mouth; almost as if the mic was placed on the singer's neck, then EQ'ed to sound clear. Clarity and layering is fine because of the 3DD’s treble peaks, but resolution is severely bottlenecked by the strange tuning. There’s a lack of coherence, structure and roundedness to vocals and instruments alike, and it’s certainly the 3DD’s weakest aspect.

The treble contains peaks along 7 and 10kHz. Cymbals and snare drums sound energetic and punchy. Tone is pretty squarely neutral, but it’s a treble that remains mostly smooth, whilst being airy and open as well. Extension is okay, with stage stability and background blackness wavering with busier tracks. But, it still delivers on dynamic contrast. Rock songs sound properly impactful and fun, even if they’re left sounding a touch full. Like the midrange, it’s a treble that requires more coherence and linearity, but it remains relatively problem-free.

At its price, the 3DD-Ti isn’t something I’d wholeheartedly recommend, considering the options available throughout the market. But those looking for an EDM-ready IEM with great energy and decent comfort and fit shouldn’t rule out the 3DD-Ti as a possible option to try.

Dec 10, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #355 of 553
Thank you for your responses! I saw Crinacle' measurements and it looked terrible with those awful peaks, so I was sceptical. Then again, I haven't heard it in person yet so I am just saying this based on the graph. Thank you!

Attachments

• 942c45c.jpg
    942c45c.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 13, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #360 of 553
I have listened to the 3DD in person, and they sound terrible. The bass is very powerful, with tonnes of sub bass rumble. But other than that, there's nothing good. The mid range sounds wierd and vocals sound off. It's not terrible to the point where I wouldn't listen to it, but then again, it should sound better for the price. If not for the sub bass, I would say they are worth 200usd. Even my USD27 Chinese iems (Tin Audio T2) has better tonality imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back