Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Oct 28, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #526 of 553
I had a brief session with it awhile ago. Maven Pro has a thicker fuller body sound compensated by mid-treble presence. It's a different type of tuning for those who enjoy warmer thicker bassier sound. Beautiful design, but will not be for those who like more transparency and higher resolution. For the reference, here is how it "looks" compared to Mest MKII

UM_Maven_Pro_vs_Mest_MKII.jpg
Thanks. Im looking for some comparison with qdc Tiger. Great. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #527 of 553
I had a brief session with it awhile ago. Maven Pro has a thicker fuller body sound compensated by mid-treble presence. It's a different type of tuning for those who enjoy warmer thicker bassier sound. Beautiful design, but will not be for those who like more transparency and higher resolution. For the reference, here is how it "looks" compared to Mest MKII

Oh thanks for this Alex, that is enough to know its not for me.
Out of basket😆

Oct 28, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #528 of 553
Ir was awhile ago and I hate going by a distant memory, only sharing a few notes that I took. And you are right, perception will play a big role here since both mid bass and lower mids are boosted.
Is it similar to Tiger tuning?

Oct 28, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #529 of 553
Nov 3, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #530 of 553
Ok, so I heard the new Maven PRO and can compare it to MEST MK2. I would say that indeed the whole bass and even some of the lower midrange is increased in the Maven PRO. This makes the sound thicker, warmer and more impactful. For most music, this gives it more body and more impact than MEST MK2. Currently have them plugged in Hiby RS2, and I think that the overall resolution and clarity of the Maven PRO is outstanding, I feel like the midrange is more natural on the Maven PRO compared to MEST MK2. The main thing that seems to be better is the upper bass sound, which has a specific tuning as presented by MESt MK2, like a Pppp sound, especially drums seem to have a sound / resonance on MESt MK2, which is really natural and clean on Maven PRO. At least to my ears, they are an improvement in the overall naturalness.

The resolution is indeed differently presented, Maven PRO will show weight for most instruments better, gives more substance to music.

Staging seems wider on Maven PRO.

The most direct comparison I can draw is with another heavy, chugg sounding IEM, namely Fir Audio Ne4, which also has a really delish bass and bottom end. Both do a great job at being heavy but detailed, resolute and wide. Need more time to tell more. Also, the Maven PRO I heard doesn't yet have burn-in, will try to return with more info when I have more time with it.

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #531 of 553
@Gustavo1976 did you read this one?
https://www.phileweb.com/review/article/202211/02/4938.html

Chrome helps…
I paste translation here

DDE30295-C8E7-4A90-B740-C7238D978DAB.jpeg

4817E0E3-8C2E-4993-9C88-2E08718709C4.jpeg
5025E855-78DC-41FA-9C09-9DFA1D51950B.jpeg

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #534 of 553
Jan 23, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #536 of 553
Tnx for the write-up. Puzzled how there can be 53 votes on the product though as barely anyone has heard them.

drftr

Sometimes people just hit the slider regardless of whether they have heard of it or not.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #538 of 553
Jan 23, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #539 of 553
Our Maven Pro review is up, but please note this is the custom design version and not the universal format. Some serious bass chops for a BA low-end :relaxed:

https://headfonics.com/unique-melody-maven-pro-review/

DSCF7595.jpg
I don't think what CIEM can fix common signature. I listened this iem in universal version and I disagree about low frequencies, the emphasis is on mid-bass and this makes it dry and lifeless. Good detail and resolution, but I think that Mest MKii better for your money.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.png
    IMG_0995.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #540 of 553
I don't think what CIEM can fix common signature. I listened this iem in universal version and I disagree about low frequencies, the emphasis is on mid-bass and this makes it dry and lifeless. Good detail and resolution, but I think that Mest MKii better for your money.

Actually we are not in disagreement :)

"The key difference from what has come before is that switch to an all-BA low-end in the Maven Pro so there is less of a sub-bass peak and more of a mid-bass punchy emphasis."

That being said, a universal version's performance can differ given you are using tips instead of a shell fit, and tips' performance will vary a lot and may not seal as well either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back