Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Jul 16, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #511 of 553
Hold up. Are you saying I can turn my universal Indigo into a ciem now? I was one of the early adopters and a ciem option wasn't available.
That’s right, you can get it done. Drop them an email and they will sort you out. I was speaking to Eva in customer service team who was very helpful through out the conversion process of mest 2.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #512 of 553
Would the Titanium CIEM shell be offered for future models? Been hearing about the Mentor here and there, and would love to possibly get that as a Ti CIEM down the line

More titanium CIEM shells would certainly be most welcome in the industry.

Hold up. Are you saying I can turn my universal Indigo into a ciem now? I was one of the early adopters and a ciem option wasn't available.

That’s right, you can get it done. Drop them an email and they will sort you out. I was speaking to Eva in customer service team who was very helpful through out the conversion process of mest 2.

UM reshelling is fantastic - their customer service is impeccable for a non-English (as their primary language) company. I sent back my MEST MK II to get reshelled after it broke and needed to go back anyways, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #513 of 553
More titanium CIEM shells would certainly be most welcome in the industry.

UM reshelling is fantastic - their customer service is impeccable for a non-English (as their primary language) company. I sent back my MEST MK II to get reshelled after it broke and needed to go back anyways, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had.
My on is on warranty repair for 6 weeks now it will probably come back covered in Swarovski's😂

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #514 of 553
Do UM accept custom reshelling for used units? If so I plan to buy a used MEST and send it to be made custom

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #515 of 553
Do UM accept custom reshelling for used units? If so I plan to buy a used MEST and send it to be made custom

I don’t think they care. I had mine for 4 months as universal before I sent them for conversion. UM didn’t ask me if I was the first owner and I guess they had no way of knowing either because I bought it through npaudio in the U.K.

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #516 of 553
I don’t think they care. I had mine for 4 months as universal before I sent them for conversion. UM didn’t ask me if I was the first owner and I guess they had no way of knowing either because I bought it through npaudio in the U.K.
That's a great news. How long did it take?

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #517 of 553
That's a great news. How long did it take?
It took about 6-8 weeks from the time I posted. And you can also email them STL file instead of physical impression if that’s easier.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #522 of 553
I dont understand but no reviews yet:frowning2:

I had a brief session with it awhile ago. Maven Pro has a thicker fuller body sound compensated by mid-treble presence. It's a different type of tuning for those who enjoy warmer thicker bassier sound. Beautiful design, but will not be for those who like more transparency and higher resolution. For the reference, here is how it "looks" compared to Mest MKII

UM_Maven_Pro_vs_Mest_MKII.jpg

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #523 of 553
I had a brief session with it awhile ago. Maven Pro has a thicker fuller body sound compensated by mid-treble presence. It's a different type of tuning for those who enjoy warmer thicker bassier sound. Beautiful design, but will not be for those who like more transparency and higher resolution. For the reference, here is how it "looks" compared to Mest MKII

UM_Maven_Pro_vs_Mest_MKII.jpg
Very interesting, Alex. In terms of resolution, is it notably behind IEMs like the MEST MK2, or if this more of a perception thing due to the much more emphasised midbass and lower mids masking some of the the more obvious detail in a track?

Was close to pulling the trigger on the a few times to buy for my next review unit - interested to know where you think they sit in terms of technical capability in the current landscape.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #524 of 553
Very interesting, Alex. In terms of resolution, is it notably behind IEMs like the MEST MK2, or if this more of a perception thing due to the much more emphasised midbass and lower mids masking some of the the more obvious detail in a track?

Was close to pulling the trigger on the a few times to buy for my next review unit - interested to know where you think they sit in terms of technical capability in the current landscape.

Ir was awhile ago and I hate going by a distant memory, only sharing a few notes that I took. And you are right, perception will play a big role here since both mid bass and lower mids are boosted.

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #525 of 553
Ir was awhile ago and I hate going by a distant memory, only sharing a few notes that I took. And you are right, perception will play a big role here since both mid bass and lower mids are boosted.
No worries - thanks for posting the initial impressions anyway. Hoping someone else gets a chance to hear them.soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back