Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #496 of 1,469
So, @slex I'm really curious to know how the 3DT plays with that new M3X of yours. I'm interested in that player. I've been eyeing the PAW 6000 but have really liked my M5s. I know the power output on the M3X is less, but if it pairs well with the 3DT I may just go for it.... that 20ish hours of battery is pretty appealing
If you like M5S, then M3X is definitely an upgrade from it. Faster android UI, 5G wifi . There's a high- gain on M3X, you can use it if it need juice☺️

Feb 13, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #497 of 1,469
If you like M5S, then M3X is definitely an upgrade from it. Faster android UI, 5G wifi . There's a high- gain on M3X, you can use it if it need juice☺
Sold!

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #498 of 1,469

Above is the final
Thats really good news. I could resist no longer. I just pulled the trigger on the 3DT a couple of minutes ago after pulling the trigger on the new IMR EDP+ yesterday. My wife's gonna kill me but you know what they say about forgiveness and permission, right and it's my birthday, so.... Well, I'm hoping for a little grace. Those IMR cables are really good. I've got 6 of them and looks like I've got 2 more on the way. @morndewey PM me if you're interested in picking one up.
Happy birthday!☺️Below cable is from XINHS, it's my end cable for 3DT.
Screenshot_20210214-095422_AliExpress.jpg

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #499 of 1,469
Above is the final
Happy birthday!☺Below cable is from XINHS, it's my end cable for 3DT.
I've got 2 more cables coming from Xin on Tuesday. If that's your 3DT perfect match, then I think I'll be happy with my IMR OFC pure cables. Just sent one to @morndewey Let's see who gets their package first and able to post impressions...

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #500 of 1,469
I have joined the 3DT club!!
I got the 3DT as my birthday present, and have to say is worth the hype!!
Luckily, my concerns on fit were unfounded as they fit like a glove to me, and in spite of the shell thickness, I can even use them in bed laying on my side.

As many of you have mentioned before, I find the 3DT energetic, with great dynamics, transparent, analytical, yet very musical.
For me the detail retrieval is fantastic. I feel like listening to music through a magnifier lens.
Last but not least, the spatial presentation is fantastic, holographic would an adequate way to describe it.

OOTB with stock cable and tips I found the sound too intense with some material, particularly with highly compressed modern pop music; but have tamed the beast after some tip rolling and changing the cable to a balanced YY 6 core copper cable. Currently on 40 hours and using small Final E tips, and sourcing from Qudelix 5k and Hiby R3 Sabre. As you can see, there is plenty of room for improvement on the source and cable side.

Later on, I am planning on trying the Moondrop filters as per @tgx78´s recommendation.
One thing I love about the 3DT, they are fantastic for low volume playing as they keep the dynamics and the micro-detail retrieval intact.

If you happen to listen to prog rock from the 60s-70s, you are in for a treat!!!
Stuff like Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Peter Gabriel, Jethro Tull, they all have never sounded better!! Try, for instance, Yes´ Fragile album, mesmerizing…
For the last couple of days, I have been throwing whatever music genre I listen to, and the 3DT copes with them all with flying colors.
Now, the rendition of orchestral music is where the 3DT excels the most. Listen to Chico & Rita´s album from the legendary Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes. Every time I listen to it I feel transported to a live venue. Very impressive indeed!!!

My only caveat is how unforgiving the 3DT is regarding bad produced/mixed recordings, where the 4-5khz peak makes it really bothersome to me.
I am liking the 3DT so much that I am willing to do the necessary tweaking to extract the best possible performance out of the 3DT.
I appreciate your suggestions to cables that don´t break the bank (at most $80), tips, and later on upgrading the DAP.

I am very grateful to all you guys for the reviews/ impressions which helped me decided on the UM 3DT. This is the most expensive IEM I have purchased in quite a few years, and so far color me impressed.
cheers, Jose

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #501 of 1,469
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Feb 13, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #502 of 1,469
Above is the final
Happy birthday!☺Below cable is from XINHS, it's my end cable for 3DT.
I've got 2 more cables coming from Xin on Tuesday. If that's your 3DT perfect match, then I think I'll be happy with my IMR OFC pure cables. Just sent one to @morndewey Let's see who gets their package first and able to post impressions0
I have joined the 3DT club!!
I got the 3DT as my birthday present, and have to say is worth the hype!!
Luckily, my concerns on fit were unfounded as they fit like a glove to me, and in spite of the shell thickness, I can even use them in bed laying on my side.

As many of you have mentioned before, I find the 3DT energetic, with great dynamics, transparent, analytical, yet very musical.
For me the detail retrieval is fantastic. I feel like listening to music through a magnifier lens.
Last but not least, the spatial presentation is fantastic, holographic would an adequate way to describe it.

OOTB with stock cable and tips I found the sound too intense with some material, particularly with highly compressed modern pop music; but have tamed the beast after some tip rolling and changing the cable to a balanced YY 6 core copper cable. Currently on 40 hours and using small Final E tips, and sourcing from Qudelix 5k and Hiby R3 Sabre. As you can see, there is plenty of room for improvement on the source and cable side.

Later on, I am planning on trying the Moondrop filters as per @tgx78´s recommendation.
One thing I love about the 3DT, they are fantastic for low volume playing as they keep the dynamics and the micro-detail retrieval intact.

If you happen to listen to prog rock from the 60s-70s, you are in for a treat!!!
Stuff like Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Peter Gabriel, Jethro Tull, they all have never sounded better!! Try, for instance, Yes´ Fragile album, mesmerizing…
For the last couple of days, I have been throwing whatever music genre I listen to, and the 3DT copes with them all with flying colors.
Now, the rendition of orchestral music is where the 3DT excels the most. Listen to Chico & Rita´s album from the legendary Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes. Every time I listen to it I feel transported to a live venue. Very impressive indeed!!!

My only caveat is how unforgiving the 3DT is regarding bad produced/mixed recordings, where the 4-5khz peak makes it really bothersome to me.
I am liking the 3DT so much that I am willing to do the necessary tweaking to extract the best possible performance out of the 3DT.
I appreciate your suggestions to cables that don´t break the bank (at most $80), tips, and later on upgrading the DAP.

I am very grateful to all you guys for the reviews/ impressions which helped me decided on the UM 3DT. This is the most expensive IEM I have purchased in quite a few years, and so far color me impressed.
cheers, Jose
I'm excited for you and excited by your obviously genuine enthusiasm for these 3DTs. I needed another iem like a hole in the head but it was all the accolades I read here that coaxed me out.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #503 of 1,469
Had been holding out on getting these until I got an upgrade to my music player but this sale couldn't be passed up. $319 + $38 for upgraded shipping, and I'm still saving money. I really can't wait to get these. Thanks to all of you on here and especially @szore for your recommendations with this.

Feb 14, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #505 of 1,469
The 3DT sounded too dampened with the full Moondrop filters (no holes). It sounded really good with the Tanchjim Hana filters, but it lost a bit of what makes it sound special. In stock form, some of the peaks can become a little fatiguing with certain music. So far, I’m liking how they sound with one piece of Micropore tape over the nozzles (covering approx. 80%).

Feb 14, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #506 of 1,469
The 3DT sounded too dampened with the full Moondrop filters (no holes). It sounded really good with the Tanchjim Hana filters, but it lost a bit of what makes it sound special. In stock form, some of the peaks can become a little fatiguing with certain music. So far, I’m liking how they sound with one piece of Micropore tape over the nozzles (covering approx. 80%).
Approx how many hours have you got on them now? I know the subject of Burn-In is a controversial one but anyone who's got an IMR knows it's real on them. I also know that on some IEMs, burning has little or no effect, but with these babies having 3 DDs going I am expecting some smoothing and refinement as the hours mount. I plan on listening out of the box but letting them run overnight every night for at least a week. What's been your experience so far; has hours of use had an effect?

Feb 14, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #507 of 1,469
Approx how many hours have you got on them now? I know the subject of Burn-In is a controversial one but anyone who's got an IMR knows it's real on them. I also know that on some IEMs, burning has little or no effect, but with these babies having 3 DDs going I am expecting some smoothing and refinement as the hours mount. I plan on listening out of the box but letting them run overnight every night for at least a week. What's been your experience so far; has hours of use had an effect?
Honestly, I’ve just been listening to them, so I don’t know how many hours they’ve accumulated, probably somewhere between 50 and 100 hrs. I didn’t notice huge changes with breaking in the drivers on the 3DT, but the sound did smoothen out some, with no more bass bloat (there was so little to begin with) and less sharp upper midrange and treble peaks. I would think breaking in 6 DDs would make a big difference, but it was more subtle for me on the 3DT. It was more drastic and obvious on the KZ DQ6.

Feb 14, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #508 of 1,469
@holsen I took normally 5 days non-stop estimated 120 hrs. Good to start on Mondays then you can enjoy them on weekends.Good to use SPC or pure silver cable to speed up the process! ☺️

Feb 14, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #509 of 1,469
@holsen I took normally 5 days non-stop estimated 120 hrs. Good to start on Mondays then you can enjoy them on weekends.Good to use SPC or pure silver cable to speed up the process! ☺
Cool that's my normal procedure as well. I typically just let 'em run for 7 days at a volume about 20% greater than I normally listen at. I never considered the cable making a difference, but I can see how it could.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #510 of 1,469
haha I'm happy you are really enjoying it.

how does it compare to the clairvoyance?

I know you're very excited about the 3dt but trying to weed through the hype for what it is... for me its a lot of money to spend on iems so I want to get it right...
Did you end up ordering anything? Where in Canada are you? If youre somewhere in the Vancouver area you can audition mine when they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back