Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #481 of 1,469
As far as tips for 3DT, I think I’m liking Tenmack foams best. Not much of a foam user but, in this instance, foams soften treble a bit and retain low end extension. Worth a try!
Me too! But I cut about 1/3 of the front off, so the treble isn’t affected as much.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #483 of 1,469
20210213_224050.jpg
You will like this too-The red one👍
C'mon.... What is this red one.... I've been all over musicteck and I don't see anything like it.. Help me out here.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #484 of 1,469
447738BF-CBB1-47C7-BB9D-678A379C54EA.jpeg

Red one is the UM 2HT (US$199)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #485 of 1,469
@UniqueMelody hasn’t mentioned anything about the 2HT yet. Hopefully it will be available globally and not just in the Asian market.

In the meantime, I’ve finally found a cable that is able to fit into the 3DT sockets (not a fan of the stock cable) the IMR OFC cable. Not only does it pair well & brings a nice organic tone to the 3DT, but the color matches quite well.

3DT IMR OFC IMG_0302.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #486 of 1,469
@UniqueMelody hasn’t mentioned anything about the 2HT yet. Hopefully it will be available globally and not just in the Asian market.

In the meantime, I’ve finally found a cable that is able to fit into the 3DT sockets (not a fan of the stock cable) the IMR OFC cable. Not only does it pair well & brings a nice organic tone to the 3DT, but the color matches quite well.

3DT IMR OFC IMG_0302.JPG
That’s excellent news. Pins set flush, then? Is this cable?
https://imracoustics.com/collections/accessories/products/ofc-0-78mm-2-pin-cable

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #487 of 1,469
C'mon.... What is this red one.... I've been all over musicteck and I don't see anything like it.. Help me out here.
The UM twins terminator. Ok, thanks to my entrusted dealer, I have the demo unit on hand now. I ordered it after an hour listening! Like it better then A7 ( red filter ). At estimated US$200 , it's a steal! ☺️

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #489 of 1,469

Thats really good news. I could resist no longer. I just pulled the trigger on the 3DT a couple of minutes ago after pulling the trigger on the new IMR EDP+ yesterday. My wife's gonna kill me but you know what they say about forgiveness and permission, right and it's my birthday, so.... Well, I'm hoping for a little grace. Those IMR cables are really good. I've got 6 of them and looks like I've got 2 more on the way. @morndewey PM me if you're interested in picking one up.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #490 of 1,469

Yes, that is the cable; the pins are flush. I wasn’t able to get my Effect Audio & Noble cables to sit flush/comfortably. I have a Hyla branded PW Audio cable that fits flush as well. Haven’t tried my DUNU cables yet.

~edit - just tried the DUNU DUW-03 cable; the RT side fits flush, but the LT side is really tight and can only go halfway in, so no dice. I should note the sockets on the left shell are noticeably tighter.:frowning2::head_bandage: I notice this with the IMR cable as well; LT side is tight, but does fit flush.

@holsen I am a big fan of the IMR cables. Haven’t had the greatest luck with their IEMs (fit issues), but the cables are a good combination of quality/ergonomics

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #491 of 1,469
The UM twins terminators. Ok, thanks to my entrusted dealer, I have the demo unit on hand now. I ordered it after an hour listening! Like it better then A7 ( red filter ). At estimated US$200 , it's a steal! ☺
What's in it? you know, what's the driver configuration?

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #492 of 1,469
Yes, that is the cable; the pins are flush. I wasn’t able to get my Effect Audio & Noble cables to sit flush/comfortably. I have a Hyla branded PW Audio cable that fits flush as well. Haven’t tried my DUNU cables yet.

~edit - just tried the DUNU DUW-03 cable; the RT side fits flush, but the LT side is really tight and can only go halfway in, so no dice. I should note the sockets on the left shell are noticeably tighter.:frowning2::head_bandage: I notice this with the IMR cable as well; LT side is tight, but does fit flush.

@holsen I am a big fan of the IMR cables. Haven’t had the greatest luck with their IEMs (fit issues), but the cables are a good combination of quality/ergonomics
I bought Dunu 02 cable fingers crossed for 3DT fit. No dice. Couldn’t even get them to insert halfway. My yin yang banned cable is all that fits. It’s pretty low quality but 2.5, yes! I have a stack of 0.78 cables and none set flush save for aforementioned. Almost ruined my Penon Mix cable trying to fit. Ugh

Feb 13, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #493 of 1,469
More Kudos For Andrew @MusicTeck Placed an order 90 minutes ago and just got my tracking number. I'm excited about these! I don't know what the cutoff for pick up in NJ is, and it's a holiday both in the US and Canada on Monday but I figure I'll have them by Wednesday. Oh Boy!

Feb 13, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #494 of 1,469
So, @slex I'm really curious to know how the 3DT plays with that new M3X of yours. I'm interested in that player. I've been eyeing the PAW 6000 but have really liked my M5s. I know the power output on the M3X is less, but if it pairs well with the 3DT I may just go for it.... that 20ish hours of battery is pretty appealing

Feb 13, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #495 of 1,469
What's in it? you know, what's the driver configuration?
It's 1DD 1BA hence it's called 2HT ( Hybrid Terminator ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back