UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
May 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #1,051 of 1,228
Quote:
To be frank, from the pics, i would prefer the fortis v1, hand braided looks much better. 

Mmmm...well, let's not forget that this cable is a 'free bonus'.

Not much to be gained in life by 'looking gift-horses in the mouth', so-to-speak 
rolleyes.gif

I think it looks very nicely made and I'd be happy to receive free bonuses like this every day (I should be so lucky!)

May 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #1,054 of 1,228
*dons flame suit*

We still haven't laid eyes on the final design of the ACFV2 here in Australia, but we know UMLab now has an initial shipment of them, so a few (15) will be going out in the next 5 business days.

Hoodies are en route to UMUK next weekend.  

At the moment we're working through our list staring with promo clients in the US.  Ampcity will likely have kept enough cables for promo clients in the UK.  Promo clients in Japan, Aus, Philippines and Malaysia will be following suite shortly thereafter, once we get our second batch of cables at UMlab.

We, along with you cannot wait to see this behind us.

May 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,055 of 1,228
Well. The long-awaited AmpCity Fortis Cable finally found the way to my room.
Got home after the afternoon lecture and there it was:

The cable is well made, a bit stiff and less flexible than the original Fortis Cable (one I got in the past) and stock Westone cable (one I got from UM to use while the Fortis cable was made).
I hope that over time the cable will become more comfortable to use.
About the sound quality, I will have to get my iMod back first xD

May 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #1,056 of 1,228
I was a part of the UMUK promo (chose the Miracles) and I did receive my cables earlier today (I live in Sweden). Regarding the sound, I haven't listened for more than a dozen minutes or so, but there's definitely more bass quantity. Regarding the bass quality and the rest of the spectrum, I'll have have to do some critical listening and A/Bing with the stock cable. They look great, especially the connectors, although I'm not a fan of the white ball at the Y-split.

Has anyone else had the time to evaluate the cables?

May 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #1,059 of 1,228
Quote:
The new Fortis Cable ...Kinda looks simmilar to UM's own Audio Beats Silver Cable.....Very different to their orinal V1 offering...

It should be. The silver wire is totally different. It's from a new supplier and not even handmade anymore. IMO v1 looks way better. Quite disappointing when they give us this kind of silver cable, especially when they illustrated something else... (I prefer quad braid, more eye-catching as well as durable.)

I just hope it sounds much better...

May 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #1,063 of 1,228
Anyone out there who has it, and obviously put some hours into it ....What do you think?
Kunlun has the 1st version of it, wonder if he can compare them for us?..... Sound that is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back