UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Apr 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #1,036 of 1,228
This is awful PR for them and they've been pretty quiet on the issue.

I wonder what percentage of their customers visit head-fi.

Apr 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #1,037 of 1,228

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that UMGlobal that we should be getting the cable and track jacket/t-shirt/whatever it is soon!

Don't mind me but i do have my doubts. When i asked UM Global a month ago, they also said it would be shipping 'soon'.

However, we can only cross our fingers and sit tight. I really really hope it really happens this time!

May 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,042 of 1,228
I just got home from work to find something lying on my doormat, unannounced:

Better late than never, folks!!

May 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #1,044 of 1,228
All I can tell you is it's branded 'Ampcity', and the cable is finely-braided silver (well, I'm assuming it's silver!). Yes, the connector is 'Viablue'. IEM connectors have an aluminium housing, plastic inner chassis, and gold-plated pins.

No 'BeatAudio' branding anywhere to be seen. No receipt, shipping docket, or documentation provided.

May 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,046 of 1,228
Quote:
Interesting. How is the flexibility?

Less than a standard Westone cable, but then that's to be expected, since this is a thicker braided wire, rather than a simple skinny 'twisted-pair'. In spite of this, I'd say the flexibility is very respectable, and the sheath is a nice quality plastic.

Overall, it looks like a very decent quality, and nicely-made, product.

You're going to ask me about sound, but my Miracles are off for a rebuild very soon, and are packaged ready to post, so I can't comment on sound (yes, it is rather ironic timing, I know!)

May 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,048 of 1,228
Quote:

Less than a standard Westone cable, but then that's to be expected, since this is a thicker braided wire, rather than a simple skinny 'twisted-pair'. In spite of this, I'd say the flexibility is very respectable, and the sheath is a nice quality plastic.

Overall, it looks like a very decent quality, and nicely-made, product.

You're going to ask me about sound, but my Miracles are off for a rebuild very soon, and are packaged ready to post, so I can't comment on sound (yes, it is rather ironic timing, I know!)

Were you one of the people that requested for a change in the cables? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back