UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Feb 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #901 of 1,228
I do an ear flush once a week to help with bits of earwax.  I also use a hearing aid dryer & refresher.  After it's finished I use the vacumn to suck up any bits of earwax.  I am amazed that pieces come out even after I burs h

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #902 of 1,228
Matt, if you are monitoring this thread, please let us know what is going on with ampcity and the cables.  Some head-fiers don't mind super long waits for product, as evidenced by the heastage arrow amp and jh3a threads but I've reached the point where I find the length of time unreasonable, especially without updates. 

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #903 of 1,228
To be fair to Matt, he's a victim of the Fortis cable debacle as much as any of UM's promotion customers (and I say this as one such customer myself, and as someone for whom UM took 11.5weeks to deliver finished IEMs).

Not taking sides, just saying I can see that it isn't Matt's fault.  It's a regrettable situation all round.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #904 of 1,228
Does anyone think we'll actually get the promo items? I mean if the Fortis cable is still not available, they should at least offer us an alternative that they can send asap instead of not telling us anything. Am I wrong here?

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #905 of 1,228
They have already offered us beat audio cables as replacements if you guys want to go that route.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #906 of 1,228
I did and it was apparently ordered 2 weeks ago and haven't heard about it since. I'm talking about posting on here and letting us know what's going on instead of leaving us in the dark, like maybe a weekly update or something.

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #908 of 1,228

Quote:
I did and it was apparently ordered 2 weeks ago and haven't heard about it since. I'm talking about posting on here and letting us know what's going on instead of leaving us in the dark, like maybe a weekly update or something.

I do agree with that because it kinda feels like the whole jh audio jh-3a type situation.  We will get a vague update and then not hear anything for awhile.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #910 of 1,228
I heard back from my inquiry with UM Global on the AmpCity Fortis cables.  They said AmpCity is finally wrapping up production on the cables and would be shipping them to UM within a week (or so).  So it obviously sounds like AmpCity is holding them until they are all created and sending in one batch.  Maybe we'll get notice of shipment to the states in another 2 weeks.  I sincerely hope it really is close to becoming reality.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #912 of 1,228
Feb 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #913 of 1,228
Got my Merlin back today. They fudged it up once again. This time they made the right faceplate lighter than the left. I spent almost $100 to ship to them, waited over a month to get it back and they managed to fudge it up again. Is it that hard to match the faceplates?

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #915 of 1,228

Quote:
That's terrible, I hope they don't mess my re-shell up too! I would definitely insist they reimburse your shipping. I'm going to chase them until they pay back the £6 I spent on postage!

That'd be difficult for me since UM Global never answers any of my emails. Been over 2 weeks since I heard fro them. I'm pretty furious about the whole situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back