UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Feb 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #916 of 1,228

Quote:
That'd be difficult for me since UM Global never answers any of my emails. Been over 2 weeks since I heard fro them. I'm pretty furious about the whole situation.

Damn, looks like UM is really dropping the ball on things.  I would be extremely angry if that happened to me.  I don't work for UM but I think the shipping should be at least reimbursed considering you payed for it to get there and they didn't even fix the problem.  They did pay the shipping the back but you still had to deal with the wait times and still didn't get exactly what you wanted. 

I mean for all the people that even have the reversed polarity issue I believe their shipping should be reimbursed, at least partially.  The wait times are usually 4-6 weeks but we waited nearly 2 1/2 months for our orders.. You would think that would be a sufficient amount of time to give everything a look over and make sure that all orders are checked out fine before sending them out.

Could you also post pictures up for reference? They make these things for a living and I'm sure there is some scientific formula or just a premade mixture for the basic colors they are offering.  I'm not sure if you wanted a special color but maybe we can bring more attention to it if you post up those pictures.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #917 of 1,228

Quote:
Damn, looks like UM is really dropping the ball on things.  I would be extremely angry if that happened to me.  I don't work for UM but I think the shipping should be at least reimbursed considering you payed for it to get there and they didn't even fix the problem.  They did pay the shipping the back but you still had to deal with the wait times and still didn't get exactly what you wanted. 

I mean for all the people that even have the reversed polarity issue I believe their shipping should be reimbursed, at least partially.  The wait times are usually 4-6 weeks but we waited nearly 2 1/2 months for our orders.. You would think that would be a sufficient amount of time to give everything a look over and make sure that all orders are checked out fine before sending them out.

Could you also post pictures up for reference? They make these things for a living and I'm sure there is some scientific formula or just a premade mixture for the basic colors they are offering.  I'm not sure if you wanted a special color but maybe we can bring more attention to it if you post up those pictures.

I don't think opaque black is one of the harder colors to match. Here's a pic to show the difference. As you can see one is transparent and the other opaque like I wanted. I just can't believe they made the same mistake I sent them in for the first time except reversed sides.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #918 of 1,228
So you wanted them both solid black right?  Yea I can't imagine how you would mess up with that..

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #920 of 1,228
Hmm so was the left one translucent and the right one opaque when you sent them? and now the right is translucent and the left is opaque?

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #923 of 1,228
Unacceptable bro, especially when you are very specific in what you ordered.  You know when I packed up all the impressions and stuff I made sure to pack each individually with the correct UM order attached to it.  How you can mess up an order form when it's right in front of your face? I have no idea.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #924 of 1,228
I don't know. It wouldn't have mattered if this wasn't so expensive but the fact I spent all that money plus more to ship them, really makes me furious. I even asked them to send me pics of the finished product to avoid a possible issue but they didn't do that either. UM Global don't answer emails and we're all still waiting for the supposed cables we were promised. 

I even had a friend call UM directly to tell them what I wanted and I still get it back with the same issue. I just don't get it.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #925 of 1,228
That kinda makes me wonder that If they are messing up on a very simple process, what else could they be doing wrong? 

That's a super ****ty situation man, does your new pair have the polarity issues as well?

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #926 of 1,228
No polarity issues just the faceplate issue that should've been fixed. I don't know why they didn't redo it when it's obvious that the faceplates didn't match. Maybe they're getting lazy or perhaps have vision issues.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #927 of 1,228
That mistake makes no sense at all. You'd think they'd have the order form and both earpieces in front of them as they work. Wouldn't you compare them as a matter of course?

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #928 of 1,228
It boggles the mind how they could make the same mistake that they're supposed to fix. I just don't understand. It wasn't even a fancy color that they had to recreate and match, it was a simple opaque black.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #929 of 1,228
That's unacceptable man. It's a simple color that they've made for many other people and I don't understand why they can't just make them match even after two tries. The difference is very obvious and I don't see how they could have missed it when it was completed. And if did in fact notice it, I hope they didn't just get lazy and decide to send it off anyways because that's what it looks like.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #930 of 1,228

Quote:
That's unacceptable man. It's a simple color that they've made for many other people and I don't understand why they can't just make them match even after two tries. The difference is very obvious and I don't see how they could have missed it when it was completed. And if did in fact notice it, I hope they didn't just get lazy and decide to send it off anyways because that's what it looks like.

Oh forgot to mention they included a clamshell case and earplugs. Maybe they thought that was supposed to make up for their mess up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back