UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Sep 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #136 of 1,228
My TF10x6 also lose seal when I smile/laugh or chew food. I think it has to do with the fact that the impressions were taken with my mouth open, so when I open/close my mouth the shape of the canal changes and the seal is lost until my jaw is closed again.

Since you have the materials anyways, why not try to do the impressions yourself and compare it to the impressions you already have and go from there?

Quote:
Question to all fellow group buyers; are any of you taking self-impressions? Kozee sent me a kit a few days back, that I'm no longer in need of, and there's enough material for 2 sets of impressions. I had impressions taken about 2 months back via a local audiologist for $50 (in all), but my reshelled JH16's, which were reshelled using that same set of impressions, didn't offer me a good fit, even after an attempt at re-fit made by Kozee; hence why I sold my JH16's altogether. I've really no way of telling whether it was merely my impressions that were the real culprits behind my improper fit, or not. Nevertheless, Adam (of Kozee) sent me back a set of my own impressions, and when I insert said impressions in my ear, the seal is broken from time to time with specific jaw movements. I'm thinking now, I can either get my impresions re-done professionally, this time for $30 (in all), or use the self impressions kit. What say you, my friends?

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #137 of 1,228
I am certain that my artwork will be considered simple.  I would like to use two different images (one left one right), does this double the artwork fee?

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #139 of 1,228
Quote:
Question to all fellow group buyers; are any of you taking self-impressions? Kozee sent me a kit a few days back, that I'm no longer in need of, and there's enough material for 2 sets of impressions. I had impressions taken about 2 months back via a local audiologist for $50 (in all), but my reshelled JH16's, which were reshelled using that same set of impressions, didn't offer me a good fit, even after an attempt at re-fit made by Kozee; hence why I sold my JH16's altogether. I've really no way of telling whether it was merely my impressions that were the real culprits behind my improper fit, or not. Nevertheless, Adam (of Kozee) sent me back a set of my own impressions, and when I insert said impressions in my ear, the seal is broken from time to time with specific jaw movements. I'm thinking now, I can either get my impresions re-done professionally, this time for $30 (in all), or use the self impressions kit. What say you, my friends?

The $30 is defenietly worth it.

Where I live, both audiologists who I contacted offered me to do it for no less than $140. D:

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #141 of 1,228
Hey guys,

Definitely go to an audiologist to get your impressions done.  Your custom iem is COMPLETELY dependent on your impressions so it's super important that you get them done correctly.

Open mouth, bite block, and professional impressions guys.  You're buying expensive iems so it only makes perfect sense to spend a few extra dollars to get it done correctly. 

Also the order form will tell you guys how the artwork costs are figured.  Download it and look at it to make sure.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #143 of 1,228
Yea, not sure if they have an official one but the procedure is the same.  Open mouth impressions, bite block, and professional insertion into the cavernous depths of your ear canals.  Have fun getting your ears filled guys!

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #145 of 1,228
Quote:
Hey guys,

Definitely go to an audiologist to get your impressions done.  Your custom iem is COMPLETELY dependent on your impressions so it's super important that you get them done correctly.

Open mouth, bite block, and professional impressions guys.  You're buying expensive iems so it only makes perfect sense to spend a few extra dollars to get it done correctly. 

Also the order form will tell you guys how the artwork costs are figured.  Download it and look at it to make sure.

Agreed. I want to avoid any risks as best as possible, so audiologist impressions it is. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back