UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #167 of 1,228
Without this thread starting I would have never known to look at the site at the specified time.  Also to be informed to get in quick for the extras.  We benefited from being on the inside track.  Thanks Poetik for your efforts and getting me on the inside to know when and where to get it.  It didn't roll out as planed, but not from the lack of effort.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #169 of 1,228
I think they have had this in the planning a lot longer than this group buy has been here. I do not think they were trying to steal anybodies thunder, especially Poetik's. As for the advantages of being in this group buy now? I can not see any.... but who cares? The whole reason for doing a group buy is to get a better deal. You got that.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #170 of 1,228
In any case, I'm content as long as my fellow group buyers are content. As far as I'm concerned, Poetik made this happen for all of us, and even today's promotion stemmed off of his group buy idea in the first place. Hats off to you Cedric, for this promotion! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #172 of 1,228
You guys have very good reasons and I want to answer the question here but I don't think this is the appropriate place to answer it.  Check your email if you're interested.

-Cedric

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #173 of 1,228

Exactly,

Personally, I feel they manipulatd our group.

I mean the deal w/o cable is "okay" nothing great, but like I said 20% off was a deal that was ongoing w/ 3 person group buys for UM australia prior to all this.  They saw our large numbers and hand picked away a couple of us away w/ this first 25 deal, leaving the rest of us somewhat committed to buying w/o getting the same deal as the first 25 deal.  Then they left that deal open to the public so anyone could have gotten it.

I will not be purchasing from UM unless I get the cable + 20% off minimum.

Quote:
I honestly feel as though they stripped Poetik of his efforts in getting us a special deal (which I'm truly very grateful for), and instead, left us with no real advantage over anyone else who signed up for their promotion.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #174 of 1,228
It is a heck of a deal and I am happy to be able to get in on it.  Thanks Poetik for doing all the organizing but I think UM owes you an apology for sort of wasting your time with the whole group buy thing when it really didn't even matter… so it seems.  I could be wrong.  

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #175 of 1,228
You honestly think UM only did all this to steal their own customers(!!!) away from this group buy, in spite? I do not think they owe any apologies to anyone. Hell they seem to have been great throughout this whole process...

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #177 of 1,228
Has any1 gotten confirmation via email/phone or heard anything back from UM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back