UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #181 of 1,228
Bigger picture fellas: UM custom @ 20% off, added $200 cable and a few bonuses, all thank to Cedric; let's just leave it at that and allow our friend Cedric time to construct his email.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #182 of 1,228

Yea not quite what I said...

They saw a group buy, took away our leverage by handing picking a few of us away w/ the 25 deal, and "somewhat" left the rest of us committed to purchasing through a regular deal.  It may not have been intentional, but it was what happened.

EDIT: All tentative, depending on who is going to get what in the following few days
Quote:
You honestly think UM only did all this to steal their own customers(!!!) away from this group buy, in spite? I do not think they owe any apologies to anyone. Hell they seem to have been great throughout this whole process...

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #187 of 1,228
I don't think they did this intentionally. The cap of 25 people on the global deal means a lot of people who would be interested in this deal can no longer get in. The "alternative" is this group buy, but it's not as good of a deal since you don't get the free nice cable. That's gonna make people pass up on this deal, just because it's not as good as the one they could have gotten. It's a case of sour grapes, and they might actually be hurting their own business this way.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #188 of 1,228

Quote:
I don't think they did this intentionally. The cap of 25 people on the global deal means a lot of people who would be interested in this deal can no longer get in. The "alternative" is this group buy, but it's not as good of a deal since you don't get the free nice cable. That's gonna make people pass up on this deal, just because it's not as good as the one they could have gotten. It's a case of sour grapes, and they might actually be hurting their own business this way.

Its not a global deal. US Only 

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #190 of 1,228
It looks like 25 per region.  To quote Poetik "I'm not sure how the sorting for the regions go but I am sure that America only has those 25 slots"

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #193 of 1,228

Quote:
Am I the only one thinking that it's a great thing that they're doing a sale, but feeling that the whole thing is lacking organisation?

I feel that way too but I also feel like everything that could have possibly been accomplished in that short time span was accomplished.  Honestly we only had like 2 days and it still took until the last day to be somewhat clear on what was going down.  I haven't gotten much sleep in the past few days but I hope all the effort was worth it.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #195 of 1,228
Maybe this part of the terms relates to us. :)

10. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that this is a fair an transparent promotion Unique Melody Global reserves to the right to cancel orders and prioritise orders as we see fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back