UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Sep 6, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #76 of 1,228
The discount will apply to everyone who signs up but it appears the maximum discount for this offer is 20%.  I've asked Stephen what the maximum discount available was but I haven't quite gotten a reply yet.  I'm assuming a higher discount is possible but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

As for the end of September, it gives everyone enough time to get in on the deal.  Sure we may get people that drop out but I think Stephen just wants to be fair and keep it open for a month to make sure there is enough exposure for everyone to take advantage of this great deal.  I don't know if this is the one and only Group Buy offered to us but I highly doubt they would have another anytime soon after this one. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #77 of 1,228
once 20 people are reached, why not let the deal go LIVE then, and continue to the end of SEPT.
If any people can't pay until the end of Sept, that should be fine too, since they would have until the end of the deal anyways.
And, if any further discount is given, ie: we get 30 people, for say 25% off, a partial refund in paypal can easily be done to the people that
have paid already to get their buds earlier.
This way, we don't have a HUGE lump sum of people all jammed at the end and the people that have the $$ can get going on the deal right away when 20 people
have been reached.

just a thought...

Sep 6, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #79 of 1,228
Man, I called a couple of different audiologists for ear molds and one quoted $150 and the other $40.  Weird.  I hope the $40 one does a good job cuz I don't wanna pay $150.  

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #82 of 1,228
Check UE's web site. They have recommended audiologist for different area. The one in manhattan charges $50 for a set. They seem to be very familiar with the process, and even advertise this service on their web site. Someone here also recommended them before. I am getting mine done this Friday. So exciting! :)

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #83 of 1,228

Quote:
Check UE's web site. They have recommended audiologist for different area. The one in manhattan charges $50 for a set. They seem to be very familiar with the process, and even advertise this service on their web site. Someone here also recommended them before. I am getting mine done this Friday. So exciting!
smily_headphones1.gif

Funny, I just checked and the place UE suggests is the place that charges $150 in my area.  

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #84 of 1,228
As long as the audiologist follows the directions, mainly using the bite block; and you tell them what it is for and unlike hearing aids, a perfect seal is a requirement, the cheaper place will be fine.  $150 for 20 minutes worth of time and $5 in materials is utterly ridiculous.

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #89 of 1,228

Quote:
Good luck guys :)

Thanks man, I'm sure there are a few more people on here that want to get a custom iem from one of the best in the business at 20% off =)

There won't be another deal like this anytime soon guys.

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #90 of 1,228
So this is my very first custom IEM.  Not surprisingly, I have a bunch of questions in regards to ordering, impressions, shipping, etc.

Let me start off with offering some information I've found for the newbies like me.

1) Go to the following site for information on the different options available for the IEM as well as instructions for your audiologist when making your impressions.

http://www.custom-iem.com/page.html?id=29

Some questions I have:

1)  How detailed can the custom artwork on the faceplate be?

2)  On the info about shipping (Found in the instructions file for audiologists), it says pack it with an inner box (I assume that's just like a regular cardbox box), and then put an iron or steel box as the outer box.  So we need two boxes with one being a metal box for the impressions??? 

Wow...is that what you're all doing?  Where would I find a steel box for the impressions and wouldn't it weigh a crap load for that?

3)  Recessed vs Flat sockets?

4)  Any other special requests you're putting in?  For example, I heard you can mold the canals longer and wider for better isolation (http://www.compudio.ca/2010/08/unique-melody-miracle-new-benchmark.html) or that you can actually tweak the frequency response curve adding or subtracting a few decibels. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/headphones/unique-melody-miracle-945292/review

Apparently the frequency response curve for the miracle is very flat...anyone looking to tweak the curves? 

Going back to the isolation...it seems the default is 25db of isolation...how much isolation is that?  Is that enough?  Should we take the option for even more isolation?

There's just way too many options for a custom IEM as compared to a universal where you just buy it and stick it in your ear.  I'm getting so confused.  It would be greatly appreciated if someone can provide some clarity or even better, post what options they're gonna choose.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back