UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Sep 3, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #47 of 1,228
I am interested in the Miracles at 20%.
If we can get more of a discount if we hit say, 25 people ++  that would be GOLDEN!

Now, a couple questions first.
How are ear molds done?  ie:  what do I need to get/order, where to send?
I've never done a custom mold before.

Also, this website: http://www.headfonia.com/finally-a-unique-melody-us-dealer/#
mentions there is some $59 cable deal included for free until Sept 30.
Is that from Stephen, or a special offer from that specific site?
I ask, as that site references Stephens site, and says to go there for details on UM products, and pricing, etc...
If I decide to do these, as it seems it will reach the 20% marker, can I start the ear impression process now, so it can
be almost done when this deal goes live?
I am in Canada but I always cross the boarder monthly and have a USA address, so if this deal is stateside only and doesn't
include Canada.  That works for me too.
Probably better if I do this with my USA address since Duties will kill me with these.

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #49 of 1,228
You would need to go to an audiologist and have them do ear impressions for you. Usually they go for around $50 and could me more or less depending on where you live.

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #50 of 1,228
Quote:
I am interested in the Miracles at 20%.
If we can get more of a discount if we hit say, 25 people ++  that would be GOLDEN!

Now, a couple questions first.
How are ear molds done?  ie:  what do I need to get/order, where to send?
I've never done a custom mold before.

Also, this website: http://www.headfonia.com/finally-a-unique-melody-us-dealer/#
mentions there is some $59 cable deal included for free until Sept 30.
Is that from Stephen, or a special offer from that specific site?
I ask, as that site references Stephens site, and says to go there for details on UM products, and pricing, etc...
If I decide to do these, as it seems it will reach the 20% marker, can I start the ear impression process now, so it can
be almost done when this deal goes live?
I am in Canada but I always cross the boarder monthly and have a USA address, so if this deal is stateside only and doesn't
include Canada.  That works for me too.
Probably better if I do this with my USA address since Duties will kill me with these.

If I'm not mistaken, all UM customs include a cable.
You can go to an audiologist to get the impressions done by an audiologist at any time, you'll need an appointment and about 30 minutes. Price ranges from $50 to $150 in the GTA. I got mine done earlier this week for $55 (no taxes) at a Sears Hearing Centre.
For this group buy, Stephen mentioned in an earlier post that we can either send our impressions to him and he'll send them all to China together or we can send them to China ourselves. When I got a remold done in February, I sent them to China through Canada post using their International Small Packet Air mail service, took about 3 weeks to get there and costed about $10.
Also, this group buy is for the America's only, which I'm assuming is North and South America (Stephen will have to comment on this one), but if it's indeed US only then I'm out too cause I'm also in Canada.
I didn't get any customs/duties when I received my remolds back in April (they declared the package as "earphones" with a $20 value).

Quote:
Curious, what's the estimated time of completion after the impressions are received? I'm guessing 3-5 weeks?

Turn around time is about a month from the day that they receive the impressions, at least that's what it was a few months ago when I got my remolds done.

Sep 3, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #52 of 1,228
I'm in for sure. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #54 of 1,228
hey Danny thanks for the info.
Off that website it says:

Cables:
  1. 50’ Cable: $59
  2. 64’ Cable: $69

As we are promoting the UM Miracle, any buyers before Sep 30 will get an extra cable($59) for free!

So it is a an extra cable actually.
Also, that sounds pretty good to me.  I can spend $55 at sears, and spend $10 to mail it no probs.!
But, how much do they charge for the ear mold??  Or does this group buy include ear molds as long as we get the impressions done and mailed out??
Also, do the headphones need to go out with my ear impressions?? Or just the impressions, then they send me molds that just attach to the buds??

Quote:

Posted by dannytang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I'm not mistaken, all UM customs include a cable.
You can go to an audiologist to get the impressions done by an audiologist at any time, you'll need an appointment and about 30 minutes. Price ranges from $50 to $150 in the GTA. I got mine done earlier this week for $55 (no taxes) at a Sears Hearing Centre.
For this group buy, Stephen mentioned in an earlier post that we can either send our impressions to him and he'll send them all to China together or we can send them to China ourselves. When I got a remold done in February, I sent them to China through Canada post using their International Small Packet Air mail service, took about 3 weeks to get there and costed about $10.
Also, this group buy is for the America's only, which I'm assuming is North and South America (Stephen will have to comment on this one), but if it's indeed US only then I'm out too cause I'm also in Canada.
I didn't get any customs/duties when I received my remolds back in April (they declared the package as "earphones" with a $20 value).

Turn around time is about a month from the day that they receive the impressions, at least that's what it was a few months ago when I got my remolds done.

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #56 of 1,228

Quote:
hey Danny thanks for the info.
Off that website it says:

Cables:
  1. 50’ Cable: $59
  2. 64’ Cable: $69

As we are promoting the UM Miracle, any buyers before Sep 30 will get an extra cable($59) for free!

So it is a an extra cable actually.
Also, that sounds pretty good to me.  I can spend $55 at sears, and spend $10 to mail it no probs.!
But, how much do they charge for the ear mold??  Or does this group buy include ear molds as long as we get the impressions done and mailed out??
Also, do the headphones need to go out with my ear impressions?? Or just the impressions, then they send me molds that just attach to the buds??

I think you're a little confused. You go to the audiologist to get the ear impressions/molds, then you ship to them to UM. UM uses the impressions to make you a custom IEM. Once they're done, they'll send you what is hopefully a perfectly fitting IEM.

Sep 3, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #60 of 1,228
If we break 200 people, think we can make a 40% discount?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back