Ultrasone's commitment to customer service
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #16 of 299

Quote:

After all the have screwed up they actually directed profanity at you too?  That's absurd.  From your story and the other that someone shared above, it sounds like they are sending products that were warranty returns out to other customers and hoping that they don't notice.  I have heard about tech companies (motherboard companies specifically) doing this before.  I'm not sure how they get away with it.  Maybe contact the Better Business Bureau?  I don't know how much they can actually do other than spread the word, but it may help to let them know that you plan on getting them involved.

I will quote what was said:

In a very angry and loud tone "I've dealt with this same issue every damn day for almost a year"

After this I stopped calling and reverted to calling Germany who is so far, unreachable.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #17 of 299
I had really bad service dinning at one of the Top 3 restaurants in the UK 'Good Food Guide' many years back. I wrote to the restaurant to complain after that but they ignored me, so I wrote to the 'Good Food Guide' and told them about it and they promised me they would investigate. The year after that, they were dropped from no.3 in the guide to no.44, and then another year later, they went out of business completely, so complaining to the right people do work sometimes.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #18 of 299
Jezus, this is every Head-Fi'ers worst nightmare. I'm very sorry that you had to go through this, I realy hope this will get solved one day.

I currently own the Ultrasone HFI-780, I have them for about a 6 months now I think and so far I'm very happy with them. But after reading this I realy hope that I never have to deal with Ultrasone's customer service.
I probably would have bought a different headphone if I had known that Ultrasone's customer service was this bad before making the purchase.
That still doesnt change the fact that I am very, very pleased with the 780's though, its just that reading this kinda scares me for when something does break down on them.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #19 of 299
Awful story. Make me feel lucky I bought my US in Europe from a respectable store. TYou are not the only head-fier that have had issues with the US division. FallenAngel had issues as well I remember.

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #20 of 299

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, something similar happened to my SE530 and that's why I never bought anything from Shure ever again.

The SE530 is a small $500 chunk of plastic with a bit of wire, I would say that it's almost as bad.

Quote:
This kind of story will really steer customers away from them all together -- including me.

Quote:
Jezus, this is every Head-Fi'ers worst nightmare.

Quote:
FallenAngel had issues as well I remember.

Quote:
MacedonianHero said:

The Ed. 8s have been in my sights recently and now, I'm not so sure.

I was also planning on picking up a pair of new Edition 8s as a closed, colored complement to my HD800, now I am definitely re-thinking that. Maybe I will just get a used pair so no warranty hassle for better or worse. Or get a re-cabled pair from an added-value dealer to get better product support?

Yikes
eek.gif
!

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 299
Wow. I can't believe they would do this, especially when word-of-mouth through small communities is what sells a lot of these high-end headphones.

I would have smacked them with small claims by now - it has a remarkable way of motivating people and making BS disappear.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #23 of 299
Holy...

thats something I never expected of Ultrasone and sounds very similar to a post i made about my experiences a long time ago here on head fi.  Dang man, For that kind of cash I would take them to small claims court, ask them if you can record the conversation and do so from now on.  Don't give up and dont you dare let them win
smily_headphones1.gif

After it gets resolved, I'd ask for compensation.  The time and stress they put you through is not merited and you deserve something free.

best of luck

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #25 of 299
x2

I also think they should give you something to compensate for your terrible service experience.

Quote:
Holy...

thats something I never expected of Ultrasone and sounds very similar to a post i made about my experiences a long time ago here on head fi.  Dang man, For that kind of cash I would take them to small claims court, ask them if you can record the conversation and do so from now on.  Don't give up and dont you dare let them win
smily_headphones1.gif

After it gets resolved, I'd ask for compensation.  The time and stress they put you through is not merited and you deserve something free.

best of luck

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #26 of 299
Ya, it better be something great and not cheap.  

Bad form Ultrasone, get this fixed and give him something for his time and effort into resolving a matter that shouldn't have ever existed.  My cat demands this of you.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #27 of 299
That's tough stuff.  You'd think it would be easy to just grab a fresh sealed pair and mail it off, given how big they are...

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #29 of 299
Customer service will make or break a company regardless of how good their products are.  Just reading this story makes me not want to go anywhere near Ultrasone, and I was genuinely interested in auditioning some of their cans.  I had an issue with my Grado 15ft extension cable that started to short out on me.  I contacted Grado customer service direct via email and got a response back the same day.  Not only that, they offered to replace my 5 year old cable free of charge.  No questions asked.  I just had to send them the defective cable.  I support companies who stand behind their products with excellent customer support.  Some companies need to learn this lesson the hard way.  Vote with your wallet.

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #30 of 299
Contact the BBB, get in contact with any legal organisation you can, and generally spred the word as much as possible. Then threaten ultrasone with everything you have got.

Or at least, that is what I would try.

I wouldn't mind betting that this thread has stopped at least a few people from even considering buying ultrasone in the somewhat-near future. Including me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back